#16 theo-5085

theo-5085

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: Theo
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2007

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Lenny, Your guide is good and extremely informative, but it is possible to fit the Standard Focus ST gauges to a non-ST Focus and even an ST Mondeo. Soon as i can get photobucket to work with my browser, i'll link in some photos of the st gauges in my tdci :P 

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

i'll link in some photos of the st gauges in my tdci :P

Like the sound of that! This mod is at the back of my mind...sometimes I want it, other times I couldn't be arsd. I have the dash pocket though, so that would save having to cut it and that. Had even thought about just putting one in for looks alone, but that would hardly be worth it. 

As much as I love Lenny's guide and his finished results, I'd never have the time, skill or patience to swap out the gauges etc, so would have always been more tempted to have a bash at wiring up the standard ones.

Look forward to seeing your progress mate.

Also, is that your car in your Avatar and what other mods have you done? ST500 look-alike is it?

And finally, pretty sure I recognise that username from the bay! Where do you get all your bits and bobs from and more importantly, when are they gonna be for sale on here with obligatory member discount?! ;)

#18 theo-5085

theo-5085

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Definitely..how do i add images to my posts Gary? Sorry if it's a dumb question but i can't work it out :s . Yes, tis me from flea bay! Well noticed. I was told by practically everyone that it's not possible to wire up the originals, but i've managed it to a certain extent (read my previous posts if you haven't already). I've got a bit of a thing for only  using original parts etc. Yes that is my car in the avatar. I sold my st500 in January (i always told myself i wouldnt but i was offered a crazy crazy amount) since then, i've missed it but not missed the fuel costs and in the time it took me that i was choosing my next car, i picked up a tdci focus fairly cheaply and because of all the junk and spare parts i had in my garage and needing to move out, i thought instead of selling them, id try to make the best damn focus st500 replica possible! So that's what i did. I'm in the process of staring up a photo bucket account if you want to see more of it? What do you think so far? 

Also, i could probably get you most parts you need..was it something in particular you wanted? How much is member discount? 40 % ??! haha! ;)

#19 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D
  • Year: 2008

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

go to photobucket and post everything that appears with [img....IMG] and add the link on here and it will display the pic once posted or you can even use the attach files method by click on more reply options.

Theo - i have seen your username before but i cant think where? ebay?

#20 theo-5085

theo-5085

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Hi Sal! Thanks for the info.  I'm working at the moment but will do it tomorrow around midday. Also i'll reply to any posts then as well. Unless i can get a ford owners club app on my phone, then i'll sneak off at work to check out what's going on! Yes, ebay. Or maybe you've met me and i've done some car related jobs for you in the past?

#21 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

i've never been to cornwall!

deffo ebay - i have sold something to you!

#22 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,102 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

What did you splice in to in order to get the oil pressure gauge to work?
I've got a ford racing oil pressure gauge fitted but I've not fitted the sensor yet as I require an M16 T piece adaptor to fit the oil pressure sensor next to the factory one.
I could try connecting the sensor feed like you have done yours and see if I get a reading,

#23 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

Think most of the guys on here use a photobucket account like Sal has mentioned there, but I just use the old fashioned way of uploading from the hard drive on the computer. I have my pics saved down, then select 'More Reply Options' below bottom right of the reply text box and it'll take you to a new page with the option of adding an attachment to your post. Just click browse and locate the picture file on your computer, then Attach when select it, and I click on 'Insert into Post' then as well.

That sounds great about your ST500 rep, must have made the decision pretty easy when you'd most parts lying around anyway. Look forward to seeing your pics cos it looks great in your avatar. Mine is having an ST kit fitted as we speak, so looking forward to getting it back in the next couple of days hopefully.

As for the bits and pieces you sell, just 40%?! Only kidding mate. There's nothing in particular I'm after at the minute to be honest, have gathered up most pieces at this stage. Was after an ashtray pocket for the centre console for an age, preferably in the silver carbon effect to match my stereo surround, but got one then on ebay for just £15 complete with lighter and it matches my gear surround perfectly. Unless you have an ST gauge pod and complete Recaro interior (either full leather or the blue/grey trim, I'm not picky!) going for peanuts by any chance?! :P

#24 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,102 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Email me your images and I'll host them on my photobucket for you.
Then I'll put the codes of the images on your post to display.

leonard.Woods@live.ie

#25 theo-5085

theo-5085

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

Hey up all! Here are two of the photos of my tdcI from this weekend! GForce, thanks for that, having a photobucket account does seem a bit laborious! It's easier to up these photos as an attachment! Alos, made selling the st 500 a lot easier when i got an offer of 14000 for it :P ;) for that much, i even delivered it and opened her up one last time along the m5, m6 .. anywhere i could get away with it to be honest! I've just finished changing over my roof lining too...pics attached :) let me know what you all think...oh, and obviously, i had to fit a ford dtandard sat nav..wiring was a complete !Removed!, taking me more than a week of 10 hour slots to do :s but the retro fit looks mint i think..!photo-4.JPG photo-5.JPG photo-55.JPG photo-44.JPG

#26 theo-5085

theo-5085

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Oh and Gary..15 quid??! Bet you were laughing, that's an absolute steal pal! :D Looking forward to seeing your st kit on your car..bet you're super excited too? I sold my last set of seats a few weeks ago, but i'll keep my ear to the ground for you in anything come up mate :) i might be getting an order in in the next few weeks and there might be a gauge pod in there..never really know what i'm getting till i open up the box...i'll let you know :) i once found a dried up toad in one of my boxes...there was a ridiculous joke that someone made up to go with it but yeah..i was a bit surprised finding that fella up in there! And lenny..my mate and i used the loom of the nav to test, and then hardwired it in via the cars main loom... 

#27 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Jeez mate, that is some serious work going into that, fair play to you! I read a complete thread over on the STOC forum about retro-fitting the Denso nav unit, so know just how laborious it is...full dash out job, so you obviously know what you're doing! I had contemplated doing it on my old Mondeo, but having read that thread I mentioned, never even thought about it on the Focus! I do love the Denso unit though.

That price was too good to say no to alright, bet that last journey was bitter-sweet.

In a weak attempt to get this thread back on topic... Are you gonna invest in performance mods on the TDCi, or maybe you already have? What is it stock? The 2.0 like mine is 136, but with a few mods like exhaust and intercooler followed by a good remap they can put out 180ish I think. Although it'd never be a 500, with loads of torque it could still put a smile on your face. I'd love to look into the performance side of things on mine, but I'll get the looks right first!

Car will be ready on Thursday apparently, but I'll be picking it 20miles into a 500 mile round trip and won't be back home til Saturday, so will be then at the earliest before I get any pics up. Will fit my RS spoiler when I do get back and put some pics up for opinions...still undecided on it myself but won't know til I see it all fitted.

Don't worry about the interior mate, just wishful thinking really. I've enough on my plate at the min expenses-wise and a new exhaust and wheel refurb are top of the mod shopping list to compliment the kit. If you did have one turn up it would only tempt me! Wouldn't mind getting a few boxes of surprises like that mate, haha. In fairness, I'm a serious bargain hunter, my own polite way of admitting I'm tight! I've found that with patience, most bits and pieces can be picked up on the cheap.

I'll probably put up in full detail my progress from start to 'finish' once I get my car back and get the pics uploaded. Think you should do the same mate, start your own build thread as people would be very interested in it.

One other question - your steering wheel. I notice you've the 4-spoke but might want to keep it with the cruise control buttons...but I'm thinking a man of your ability and Knorr-how might be able to come up with an OEM version of the ST 3-spoke wheel complete with cruise control...what you reckon?

#28 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,945 posts
  • Ford Model: Kugy
Contributor

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Ford Focus ST Alloys  or Ford RS Alloys

Also Chips work wonders

#29 theo-5085

theo-5085

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Back breaking would be putting it lightly gary, but so so worth it. or maybe not? haha. we shall see. Yes yes, getting back on track, sorry pal.  My biggest thing at the moment is getting this damn gauge to fully work..turbo issue is frustrating, but  i got a couple of people on it so hopefully we'll come up with a solution! and yes the steering wheel..interesting..i'll see if i can come up with a solution...its the cruise control thats the big issue :s

Yes, i went for the 1.8 because its a ford engine, and doesn't have a damned DPF (which is my absolute hate) but your tax is probably cheaper to be fair :P ...heard so much about the others..have you had any problems with yours? performance wise, i've had a remap, custom exhaust, might have played with the turbo somewhat (wink wink) i've done a massive big disc conversion and took it onto the dyno few weeks back and it was running 169... one off st170 spec :( so not bad. It ices them though because of the torque :P

I'll keep you posted about the seats, also if you hear anything bout the gauges let me know ;) Ford Fair this year? or huntingdon?

#30 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Theo, i think you need to start your own thread - you've taken over from the OP!

i love what you have done to the car so far!

i only know of one car to have the gauges working but so far the person has eluded us from getting into contact - search it on youtube as there is a video.

so, what sort of stuff can you get hold of???

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users