• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Name: Thomas
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 TDCI '08
  • Year: 2008

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

Sorry if it's in the wrong forum,

I was in my work mates focus the other day, coming out of work car-park and noticed his car doesn't thud when going over a particular bump out of the carpark but yet mine does. He has exactly the same model and engine as mine including the same tyres running at the reccomended PSI..

His car has slighlty more miles than mine, his is around 60k mines around 50k. I've always thought my suspension was a bit stiff but thought that it was just how the car was. It's actually quite annoying when you hear the car creaking and thuding when going over relativley small inperfections on the road. I've adjusted the tyre pressures now so that they're running on 31 front and 33 rear that seems to have helped a little but I shouldnt have to run the front tyres at a lower PSI to remedy it. It's also hard to get the suspension to depress by pushing on the car.

Anyone else think there cars a bit stiff or is it just mine?

It's a 1.8 TDCI 2008 zetec climate. Standard allows, factory tyres..

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

the zetec has the stiffer suspension i wouldnt say its too stiff but with the appaling roads round my way it can get annoying then you hit a decent bit of road and its a pleasure

#3 alz

alz

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus LX 1.8 TDCI
  • Year: 2005

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

Hi, have a look at the front droplinks for damage, also check the lower arms for wear/movement.. may not be Stiff just worn

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users