1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

EViS

Where To Connect Ring Crimp Terminal To Battery +Ve? (For Additional Lights)

8 posts in this topic

I want to install some additional driving lights which will require their own power source and have their own fuse. The end of the wire from the lights has a half-open round ring crimp terminal. Where is the best place to connect this to the battery?

I did look for a little box with bolts and nuts which hold a number of live wires in place near to the battery, but cannot see this anywhere on my 2004 Ford Ranger mk2.

You can take it to the battery but stick an inline fuse inbetween first.

I can't go right to the battery as the small ring crimp won't fit onto the battery terminal.

The loom (supplied with the lights) already has a 15A inline fuse. Can I connect directly to the MAIN fuse (as there is a nut/bolt) underneath it holding 2 wires in place? Or any of the other high amp fuses right next to the battery?

As long as it's already has an inline fuse you will be safe to pick any live you need

As long as it's already has an inline fuse you will be safe to pick any live you need

But would there be a problem if I connected them after the MAIN fuse? i.e. the fuse might not be able to cope with more current draw through it.

The worst that could happen is the fuse blows , your only talking of lights so there should not be a problem.

If your worried then change the conector on the wire to fit directly onto the Batt

Ok, thanks for the help and clearing up any doubts :).