Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

propw4sh

Dab Radio Tuning

11 posts in this topic

I can't find anything in the manual about DAB service on the radio (61 plate new-shape Focus Zetec). I have found and enabled the DAB service through the menu and I get the DAB Symbols and can receive DAB info on the stations.

My question is about search and tuning: If I search when in DAB mode it skips through the FM frequencies as normal. Surely there must be a menu list of digital stations instead of tuning? Or is that not how this DAB works?

Thanks for any advice - I'm a DAB newbie!!!

Mate I had same issue and was gonna book it in but keep playing and it will work - its all about going on DAB stn and press right bottom button I think it is and eventually will find ? Any probs let me kno and will go through it on my car

Cheers dude - I'll have a play later.

Don't select the 'DAB link' option as this will switch between DAB and FM when the signal/coverage fluctuates. This gives more annoying drop outs then when you lose the digital signal alone.

i have purchased the Ford DAB stereo and have purchased the bits to make it fit and just need the time and some dry weather to do it now. fingers crossed i will get it sorted over the weekend.

Cheers dude - I'll have a play later.

My DAB link very rarely goes to FM , go for the DAB as quality of sound alot better I find !

My DAB link very rarely goes to FM , go for the DAB as quality of sound alot better I find !

Prob depends where you are in the country and I guess over time coverage will improve

Hi, must as mine never goes to FM, although I rarely drive out of town these days. Went to Tun Wells the other day though and it held onto the station fine. Is DAB actually running at full strength because I thought it wasn't and maybe the signal varies from transmitter to transmitter, the same as digital TV?

Chris

All sorted and working fine, although not too many DAB stations up here in Inverness!!!

not picking up too many DAB stations here in the Midlands either.

not picking up too many DAB stations here in the Midlands either.

I am in Birmingham and pick up loads ?