Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs Light On

MARLEY

A couple of days ago my ABS light was flickering and now its on all the time, could it be a faulty connector or broken wire ?

Focus 2007 2.0L Diesel

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi

Exactly the same thing has happened to my focus... ABS & traction control lights flickered now staying on! i have also noticed that the fuse box is 'clicking' far too much and the ABS seems to engage under light braking. Dont know if you have had any of these symptoms? Taking it to the ford dealership tomorrow so will keep you posted.

hope this is of some help to you.

Ad

Maybe there is a sensor that is dirty - maybe a quick clean would help?

Could be a cracked reluctor ring on one of the hubs.

Thanks for your replies

Will look this weekend and let you know how i get on

Thanks again

Paul

Just a quick update, I have unplugged each of the four sensors at rear of each wheel in turn and the light stays on.

Where do the wires run to ?

Anymore help will be appreciated

Thanks

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to check/test each wheel sensor ?

Many Thanks

Paul

I had intermittent ABS and Brake lights indicating for a number of months but the local dealer failed to find anything when checked. Finally I had them check when Brake light was on permanently and they found the instrument board was faulty (apparently there was a recall shortly after the car was built) and they replaced it under the warranty I had with them - car bought from them. From reading here I knew this was a possibility and that perhaps they were just stalling. The car is a 2004 LX and the cost would have been between £400 - £500.

Regards Stuart

I had intermittent ABS and Brake lights indicating for a number of months but the local dealer failed to find anything when checked. Finally I had them check when Brake light was on permanently and they found the instrument board was faulty (apparently there was a recall shortly after the car was built) and they replaced it under the warranty I had with them - car bought from them. From reading here I knew this was a possibility and that perhaps they were just stalling. The car is a 2004 LX and the cost would have been between £400 - £500.

Regards Stuart

Many Thanks for all your replies. A trip to my local garage is in order i think.

Paul

Many Thanks for all your replies. A trip to my local garage is in order i think.

Paul

Presumably they might have used an improved instrument board for your model so my problem might not have been the same. I had the ABS light on intermittently as well as the Brake light, sometimes both on.

Regards Stuart

I had the exact same thing it was a broken wire, my dealer said the robots must of had a funny 5 mins when putting it together lol!!!!

Paul

That's two of us in the same town with the same problem - mine is going to Autoclinic on Wednesday.

That's two of us in the same town with the same problem - mine is going to Autoclinic on Wednesday.

where abouts you from Mark ?? Stalyvegas ?

I had same problem with mine and put the diagnostic computer on, no signal from N/S/R sensor. swapped N/S/R with O/S/R and still had no signal from N/S/R. After a bit of investigation, I noticed one of the wires on the loom between N/S/R sensor and chassis had a slightly swollen bit on it. I peeled the outer cover off the wire and found the wire was corroded. Connected both ends with a crimped terminal, problem solved.

How did you get on with yours?

I had same problem with mine and put the diagnostic computer on, no signal from N/S/R sensor. swapped N/S/R with O/S/R and still had no signal from N/S/R. After a bit of investigation, I noticed one of the wires on the loom between N/S/R sensor and chassis had a slightly swollen bit on it. I peeled the outer cover off the wire and found the wire was corroded. Connected both ends with a crimped terminal, problem solved.

How did you get on with yours?

to be honest i have got no further with the problem, really i need to get on ramp or have it plugged in to find fault,

Regards

Paul

Breaking News

Just had my car plugged in and the rear nearside wire to the sensor is corroded about 2 or 3 inch down the line, repaired and working, GOOD RESULT. Happy Days :D :D :D

Regards

Paul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club