Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Annual Maintenance Service

MisterC

Hi,

I took my Fiesta ECOnetic to the garage for it's first (1st year, 12,500 miles) annual maintenace. When they gave me the invoice (with the service checklist), I did not bother to check it and just paid the price. When I checked the invoice at home, it shows that the service/checks done was for the 2nd year, 25,000 miles maintenance. I called the garage to inquire and they said that they will get back to me so I am still waiting for an explanation. I downloaded the 1st and 2nd year service checklists from the Ford Etis website and there were some things that should not have been done to my car (e.g. break fluid change, battery test, etc.). Is there a possible explanation for conducting the 2nd year check on my 1st year or is this just a mistake by my garage?

Also, I noticed a wheezing sound in the engine after the service. Has anyone experienced this? It is already winter here (temps between -6 to +5) so I was thinking that this is due to cold weather since the wheezing sound was not there during the warmer months. Does it have a relation to the temps or should I have it checked?

depends when the noise is, if its on start up then its perfectly normal as far as i am aware... and as for the service, i had my oil topped up on my first one as it was border-line low, not quite an oil change but they said it was needed... so best bet is just continue asking

Hi Don't they do an oil change on all Fiestas at 1 year or 12500 mile ?

Mine was either changed or topped up at it's first - from new up to the service the level was always dead centre between min and max, after the service it was at max.

The first service has an oil change, so no problem with that. The second service is identical to the first, so you have not been chaarged extra. Total cost of service about £150.

It looks like the OP is not from the UK so I'm not sure what the servicing schedule is like in their country,

depends when the noise is, if its on start up then its perfectly normal as far as i am aware... and as for the service, i had my oil topped up on my first one as it was border-line low, not quite an oil change but they said it was needed... so best bet is just continue asking

Sometimes the noise is there and sometimes it is not. Sometimes it's on start up and stays until I park at the office (5km drive). I'll check it thoroughly during the weekend.

Sorry for the typo in my original post. I meant "break fluid change" instead of "oil change". I believe the break fluid should be changed on the 2nd year at the earliest.

The first service has an oil change, so no problem with that. The second service is identical to the first, so you have not been chaarged extra. Total cost of service about £150.

Sorry, I meant "break fluid change" instead of "oil change" which is normally done on the second year. Based on the checklist from Ford Etis, the battery check should also be done on the second year. These two costs €48 (€35+€13) which I should have only paid on my next service.

It looks like the OP is not from the UK so I'm not sure what the servicing schedule is like in their country,

I am in Luxembourg and the servicing schedule is the same with UK (1 year or 20,000 kms [12,500 miles]).

Hi Think I would ask for some money back ,you did not ask for this or need it.