Show
Photo

Any Help To Fix This Coolant Problem On Focus 2006 Hatchback Please?

coolant

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hussain Al-Hayki

Hussain Al-Hayki

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

hi
i am from bahrain ,this is the first topic for me in this forms it is really fantastic forms ,

i have focus 2006 and i notice when i change the oil filter ,there is a leak like this photo which i see before in this forms ,it same place i go to ask of my friend to know about the problem and he say this big problem you should first remove the dynamo self for the upper of the engine which need to open the tension belt which also need special tools i dont have where only agent sell it if y will change this belf than you can fix this (Long story )

i don't know this true or not ,, do you know if i can repaire it from the bottom of the engine ???

all thanks

Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 johnS

johnS

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6L MK1.5
  • Year: 2004

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

That picture was mine, it just needed a new thermostat as the old one broke and leaked coolant everywhere

#3 Hussain Al-Hayki

Hussain Al-Hayki

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

That picture was mine, it just needed a new thermostat as the old one broke and leaked coolant everywhere

i found the pic here sorry but i take it bec it similarto my problem , do you know how to fix this bec i don't thing the thermostat broken bec temperature of the car as usual normal no increasing, i think the leak between the engin and thermostat i was thinking to open the thermostat and putting silicon gasket their ,but the important how to open the thermostat is it necessary to remove the dyanmo self and belt ?or i can open it from down ??

#4 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

It could be the thermostat seal if it's leaking , so you may as well change the thermostat at the same time as replacing the seal

#5 Hussain Al-Hayki

Hussain Al-Hayki

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

It could be the thermostat seal if it's leaking , so you may as well change the thermostat at the same time as replacing the seal

ok thanks a lot for the post , tomorrow morning i will try to work on it from down and i will see what i can do for it .

#6 johnS

johnS

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6L MK1.5
  • Year: 2004

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

yes it was the seal for mine that caused this aswell. New thermostat as well for mine. My cars temperature stayed the same as well because I guess I caught the problem out quickly enough

#7 alz

alz

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus LX 1.8 TDCI
  • Year: 2005

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

Hi, you could have a leaking core plug.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coolant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users