Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injector Seals

mags

hi ya can anyone tell me if you think this is right i have a fiesta 1.4 style tdci i had the no2 injector seal replaced in feb last year and ive just have had to have a new injector fitted no2 + seal no3 there all so the inlet manifold was blowing so it put soot in the cambelt cover and that had to be changed as well .

this car has been serviced on time by fords everytime it was only serviced 5 weeks ago ive just had a bill for £1334.46 for this work above

i no its out of warranty but the car has only done 37059 mile do you think if i complain they would pay a tokon payment i think this is discusting for a car which has done so little miles :angry: :angry: :angry:

Gotta love how I realised after I asked that the year was on the left >_> and that he said about warranty, I'm clearly with it today.

You can try and have a moan and a groan at them, but it might not get you too far, companies never like paying out unless they absolutely have to, Trading Standards may know a little more on the matter however.

we had a 2007 plate 1.4 diesel plate in the other week, completely the same as your one i;m afraid and I know the dealers here would think its a common problem especially on the 1.4 and 1.6 models, so probably wouldn't offer any goodwill. The inlet manifold on this particular one was also clogged solid too.

Gotta be worth a try though, you won't get if you don't ask :)

Good luck!

I get the impression that the modern diesels dont like short trips. Low miliage ones clog up so easy. My mate has just paid out £3.2k having his Clio engine rebuilt. Hes a window cleaner and the garage said for short runs, stop, start all the time, he would have been better off with a petrol.

The old diesels never had a problem, but they didn't drive anywhere as good.

I get the impression that the modern diesels dont like short trips. Low miliage ones clog up so easy. My mate has just paid out £3.2k having his Clio engine rebuilt. Hes a window cleaner and the garage said for short runs, stop, start all the time, he would have been better off with a petrol.

The old diesels never had a problem, but they didn't drive anywhere as good.

£3.2k having a clio engine rebuilt... could have fitted a second hand engine and saved a whack of that cost