Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ka Aux Belt Squeaking All The Time

boneyboy0

Hi,

Complete newbie here, my wife's Ka has developed a problem, it squeals and screeches all the time, even when warm, dry or wet. I think it might be either the altenator or maybe the water pump??? any ideas?

To me it sounds like the fan belt but they don't exist anymore so I am assuming its the belt that drives the altenator, had a look under the bonnet and nearly died of shock,., do ford use spider monkeys to assemble the cars heh heh there is no room for me to get my big fat hands anywhere near the altenator,

Can anyone help me out by suggesting a course of action ( what to do/remove so I can get to the altenator bolts) other than using child labour to reach into the engine bay or a garage, if it's just a case of tightening the altenator belt up I should be able to manage lol

I appreciate the help

I thought our SportKA had the common Auxilliary belt tensioner noise, but when it became permanent, I took it to the local garage and it was the water pump.

However with yours, it does sound more like the belt is slipping if it is screeching. Haveyou tried pooring water on the belt whilst it is running to see if it stops the noise?

thanks I will try this as soon as the car gets back tomorrow :o) will let you know what happens

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club