Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black Box Insurance?

keepyourfocus

Hello - just wanted to know if anyone here has used black box insurance with a tracker installed in your car? Any reviews or recs?

You could try looking at iKube - they have a black box insurance scheme that may be worth looking at.

• 1 year later...

my daughter has had one fitted for last 2 years

saved her a lot of money, gets a regular report on her driving, gets a discount on her monthly payments for consistent good driving...all in all, she hasnt had any complaints apart from the odd occasion other drivers have caused her to brake hard/take avoiding action...it shows up as a bad point for her even when she has avoided a collision caused by someone else...

but this doesnt affect her payments unless she is doing this on a regular basis

cant knock it really

my daughter has had one fitted for last 2 years

saved her a lot of money, gets a regular report on her driving, gets a discount on her monthly payments for consistent good driving...all in all, she hasnt had any complaints apart from the odd occasion other drivers have caused her to brake hard/take avoiding action...it shows up as a bad point for her even when she has avoided a collision caused by someone else...

but this doesnt affect her payments unless she is doing this on a regular basis

cant knock it really

Out of interest how much cheaper is it?

her first policy, cheapest quote was £4k for a corsa 1.2

the black box reduced it to £1.6k, [full comp)

she paid on a monthly basis, poor driving increased the monthly paymen (dont know by how much as it never became an issue)

consistently poor driving ran the risk of policy cancellation.

her current policy was reduced to £1.4k by a different company, as her original underwriter raised the renewal to £1.8k despite consistent good reports with just a few advisories [the avoiding manouvres mentioned earlier)

didnt get a quote for standered insurance this year but would have expected a minimum of £3k with 1 year NCB

so over the 2 years, so far, has saved her a minimum of 4k

Good saving, guess London prices are pretty high. My daughter's first year in a 1.2 Punto was £2200 reduced to £800 in second year with 1 year NCB. This is "normal" insurance with no black box

i live in an area that is one of highest insurance in the country...absolute joke, any postcode starting HA and any quote, house or car, gets multiplied by 2

friends boy (18) got a quote for a 2000 1.4 polo, hadnt taken his test at the time, for...........................£21k

BARGAIN!!!

what? 21K to insure him for one yar on a 1.4 Polo?

That is taking the mick!

made us laugh, in fact we rang back just to see how far they were prepared to go

tried getting a quote for an 18yr old on provisional license, with 3 speeding points, for a nissan skyline with modifications

32k but if we were prepared to have limited mileage of 5k then they will drop it to 29k..which i thought was very reasonable ::D

• Like 1

Compared to the polo that's pretty reasonable lol

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

What the chuff!

And this is why the insurance industry needs ripping up and starting again!