#1 allyr

allyr

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Al
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Van 1.6 TDCI
  • Year: 2007

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

I have just purchased a 1.6TDCI fiesta van on a 57 plate and have the following issues,

There is a noise coming from behind the passenger headlamp which sounds like a whining/whistling kettle noise. It can be heard when the car is idling, it appears to be coming from the part that i have taken a photo of, im not sure if this is part of the fuel line or what? any help or comments would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Ally

Attached Thumbnails

• Luton-20120124-02301.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Danny87

Danny87

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Freestyle 1.25 Zetec 5-door
  • Year: 2001

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

Bit of a crazy idea but inside your headlamps is an electric motor/actuator which is used to adjust the beam of the lights - if you're carrying a load in the back of the van you would aim them downwards slightly otherwise they could be dazzling other road users.

You probably know this already, but I would try getting somebody to move the switch with your lights on and listen closely at the headlamps to see if the noise is worse. It could be a faulty motor causing the strange noise you are describing.

That's about all I can think of that could be making the noise in this particular location. As I said crazy suggestion but you never know :)

#3 allyr

allyr

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Al
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Van 1.6 TDCI
  • Year: 2007

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

Cheers for that, but the noise happens even with the lights off, no luck finding out what it is yet.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users