1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

EViS

2.5 Litre Ranger (2004 Mk2) - Towing Capacity?

4 posts in this topic

I have a Ford Ranger (2004 Mk2) with a 2.5 litre engine.

a ) What is the maximum load I can tow with a standard trailer?

b ) What is the maximum load I can tow with a braked trailer?

maximum of mk2 sez its 2200kgs. but i have pulled more than that. the weight limit of the trailer should be on the tow hitch. ive got 2, a 750kgs and 2000kgs.

depends if you have a B+E licence, if you have had your licence before 1997??? i think you should be ok to tow anything over 3500kgs. if after then its only up to 3500kgs.

towing limits are on the website

http://www.uktow.com/towing%20capacity.asp#tab1

Well the trailer is certified upto 3500kg. Do you reckon the mk2 will be ok to tow that? Does the actual tow bar fitted to the car also have some sort of weight limit (i.e. can the bolts shear off)?

Also, my license was obtained after 1 January 1997 which means that I fall into this category (taken from the uktow website):

Category B vehicles may be coupled with a trailer up to 750kgs MAM (allowing a combined weight up to 4.25 tonnes MAM) OR a trailer over 750kgs MAM provided the MAM of the trailer does not exceed the unladen weight of the towing vehicle, and the combination does not exceed 3.5 tonnes MAM.

So, seeing as the mk2 supercab 4x4 weighs 1730kg, and going by the above, does this mean I can legally only tow a maximum of 1770kg as these two figures add to 3500kg?

not sure!! would be best checking with tow bar manufacturer,