Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glenn

1.8 td mk2 wont start

4 posts in this topic

hi iv just bought a r reg 1.8 td off my m8 as a none runner, he said it started running rough and kept stallin then eventually it just packed in and wont start now, iv cracked off the injectors and turned it over and no diesel comes out, iv also removed the pipe that goes from the filter to the pump and primed it and diesel comes out first press, would this suggest the pumps faulty, or is there possibly some sort of gauze in side the pump that could be blocked, yesterday i tried cracking off the injector pipes again and turned the engine over and i got a small amount of diesel come through, not alot just enough to notice each injector was wet , after this i changed the cold advance solenoid and still have no joy in getting it running, if anyone has any ideas id be grateful as im really struggling.

Sounds like fuel pump to me, common problem on the Mk2 TD mondeos.

but having got a small amount of diesel come out on each injector wen iv cracked it off wouldnt that say that the pump is workin but not properly, is there any other possible problems?

but having got a small amount of diesel come out on each injector wen iv cracked it off wouldnt that say that the pump is workin but not properly, is there any other possible problems?

Have you checked for leaks? I just had a similar prob and i found a damaged "O" ring on the fuel line. Changed that and it now runs perfectly.