Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disable Ford Fiesta 2007 Folding Mirrors?

shaz4473

Can anyone tell me if you can disable the autofold function for the mirrors as today the driver side has decided to pack in and now clicks when it is at the fold in position.

The passenger side was replaced under warranty in 2009 and Ford are going to let me know a price tomorrow but it would be handy to turn off the function if possible as I don't want it doing any damage and it is annoying!

Usually on cars its an option in the settings menu on the display between the Rev and Speed clocks

I have been into the settings menu and can only see options for door locking, indicators, chimes and language - Is there another settings menu?

Thanks for that link. I think I will investigate at the weekend to see if I just need to take the fuse out as I am still waiting for ford garage to get back to me on a price but am sure it will not be cheap and I am thinking it will probably happen again.

I checked with ford and it was when the car was only two years old that the passenger side one stopped working and was replaced. The car is now nearly five years old and that's the driver one gone.

Not good!

Quick question - is my mums 2007 fiesta a mk 6 or mk7?

Quick question - is my mums 2007 fiesta a mk 6 or mk7?

I was looking for wing mirrors online and one website showed the car as mk7 but on amazon mk 7 wing mirrors were a different shape?

Ford have quoted £223.50 plus vat for new mirror and fitting with £40 to be deducted if they can use the current cover!

I am not keen as think that if changed our luck will be that the passenger one will go again - I really like the facility of folding in mirrors but again one other thing to go wrong!

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would update that I have managed to reset the mirror and no longer have the clicking - fingers crossed this has sorted it permanently and not just temporarily!!

• 3 months later...

Shaz4473 how did you manage to reset the mirror?

• 1 month later...

I have a 2011 Fiesta Zetec, which makes a bit of a squeeling noise when the mirrors fold in when locking car... it sounds like it's reaching the fully folded point and then the motor is straining to move them further. I like the folding feature, but would prefer to have the option not to fold them if at all possible. If anyone susses this let me know, and meanwhile if I decide to get Ford to sort this under warranty (may wait a while as I've got plenty of time at the moment) then I'll ask them, and let you know!

I used to have a MK6.5 Zetec S Fiesta and on the indicator stock, hold the button on the end for the menu. There was the option in there to disable the folding mirrors!?! Or surely an easy fix would be to take the fuse out for them???

• 8 months later...

my 2011 zetec has the option to enable or disable remote folding ,

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Yrah ford can use i.d.s an go inyo central car configuration to switch it off. But you will be charged. An charged again to switch it back on

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club