Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

I used Russian in my previous job but it was not related with cars so have to learn new vocabulary.

Anyway this software gives lots of possibilities, to use all of them it is required to modify ELM interface, but it is rather simple job.

elm-mod.png?rand=186946337507225

Not all options have been tested, here are just some of them:

- FOB opening drivers doors only, next press of the FOB opens rest of the doors and boot (this can be done without any software)

- auto doors locking when driving

- auto turn on of windscreen heating

- repeaters confirming locking the car after FOB was pressed once or twice

- deadlock after one FOB press

- light sensor

- headlight washers

- rain sensor

- cruise control

- ESP

- auto rear wiper on reverse

- additional functions on onboard computer

- washer fluid low level warning

- Ford ECO mode

- Auto start stop

Of course activation of some of the features requires fitting additional sensors / equipment, some will work only in cars with relevant trim level, other should work in every car.

Now this looks very interesting , some of the things that can be done here look great

Following :)

I'm assuming that as the OP has a very similar car to mine, mine's is likely to have the required plugs, etc and just needs the steering wheel and ECU activation?

My car is a 2007 2.0 TDCi Titanium.

I'm assuming that as the OP has a very similar car to mine, mine's is likely to have the required plugs, etc and just needs the steering wheel and ECU activation?

My car is a 2007 2.0 TDCi Titanium.

Yes, if you are lucky you need steering wheel and ECU activation. Unfo cars with the same trim may have different GEM, wiring etc. so it is still necessary to check all the things mentioned in the first post.

Peter , any luck with that program you found? , i downloaded it but ofcourse it's in Russian , i wonder if they have translated it anywhere

Unfo this software is only in Russian, very small chances for translation at the moment. I follow threads about it but didn't try it yet because I don't have ELM interface.

ELM, is this OBD II by another acronym? I have one of those cables.

ELM, is this OBD II by another acronym? I have one of those cables.

More or less yes but there is so many kinds of OBD II interfaces, that it is hard to guess. It should be marked as ELM327 somewhere.

I would be very interested in this if someone could modify my elm327 that i have.

Jamie

It will work without modification as well, but you will not be able to connect to all modules.

Hmmmmmmmm...... sound interesting alright. Just ordered a ELM 327 so i will try it when it arrives. I'll spend some time translating all the tabs and so on before it arrives.

Hmmmmmmmm...... sound interesting alright. Just ordered a ELM 327 so i will try it when it arrives. I'll spend some time translating all the tabs and so on before it arrives.

which one did you buy?

Well i went and purchased one , even if i can't get the program to work or even understand it , i'm still interested and looking at the info i can get from it.

and at under £14 i can't complain :)

In case of need you can use ELM with another software to diagnose your car, chen engine live data, read and clear trouble codes so it will be usefull anyway.

Sorry for delay in reply, i bought this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330624454025?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

So with its own software should be of some use anyway. Should have it Monday, so we'll see.....

Mine arrived this morning , all the 5 software included are demo versions , 4 of them connect and show data , no DTC codes stored on mine which is good.

I tried the russian program but i guess i nee to do some more reading and translating as i could not get it to connect.

I'm on the search now for free software programs.

I did find the windows 7 drivers so its working on my netbook

Which one did you buy ??

If any of you guys are wondering: I got mk 2,5 steering wheel and fitted it to mk2 car. It is direct swap (Just like Lenny suspected even tho part numbers are different). Back window heater button trick confirmed that cruise buttons are working fine. Now I have to enable cruise in Ford dealership.

Do you know if steering wheel cruise buttons are lit or not?

CC buttons do not light up

I have found something very interesting. It looks like Ford IDS is no more required to activate some options in Focus Mk2 and Mk2.5.

http://forffclub.narod.ru/elm/elm-ff2/

(pls use some translator - Google Chrome or similar)

This is Russian software working with ELM327 interface (costs only 12 quid). Gives us lots of possibilities - activation of cruise control, washer fluid warning light, display of real time fuel usage in pre-lift models, display of RDS and telephone info on onboard computer (these were confirmed on other forum) and many many others, still learning about this software.

I think it is time to get interface for Ford :)

So has anyone used this software yet to do something simple such as auto door locking?

This one

http://www.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Just had to set the port to 1 as it set itself to port 11 , it works fine

Yip, had to change the com port also. I have it running on my W7 laptop 32 bit and W7 desktop 64 bit........with long usb extension cable out the window :)

Going to try the Russian sofware later today.

can someone please translate this software iam not russian nor will i ever be russian

Jamie

can someone please translate this software iam not russian nor will i ever be russian

Jamie

I sent them an email asking if they had an English translation of the program , they never responded.

I have tried the program but with out any clear instructions that i can use there was nothing i could do

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club