Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

Thank you civil-zz for that explanation.........have you any plans to do other models of Ford in the future ?

Anyone tried this with a GEM ending in AA. Had a look tonight but my Gem is different to the one in the tutorial. I've included a picture if anyone can shed some light on it. It's a Zetec diesel 55 plate.

http://db.tt/cyrojetF

have you any plans to do other models of Ford in the future ?

It's not clear. Now I'm working over Focus 3/Mondeo 4 but can't promise when it be possible to make a release..

@redholt,

Photo is too cut, but elements position is some strange. You can use ELMConfig for detection module part number or find it on box. If it *M5T-14A073-**, you can work with it

Anyone tried this with a GEM ending in AA. Had a look tonight but my Gem is different to the one in the tutorial. I've included a picture if anyone can shed some light on it. It's a Zetec diesel 55 plate.

http://db.tt/cyrojetF

That looks like engine bay fuse / relay box ..? Maybe i'm wrong.

Sounds good civil-zz .........Mondeo 4 is same as S Max ?

That's because it is as muggins here has uploaded the wrong picture! Will try get right pic upped in a bit.

Oh, yes, of course, you are right!! Where are my eyes?.. :o

Another fantastic thread full of useful info. I nearly have a plan of action now for adding CC but there's one stumbling block for me. I don't want to lose the ST 3 spoke steering wheel.

Is it possible to retrofit the controls from the 4 spoke wheel to the 3 spoke ST wheel?

Is it possible to retrofit the controls from the 4 spoke wheel to the 3 spoke ST wheel?

No, it is not possible.

There are other ways to fit CC, far from factory look but you could keep your ST steering wheel and you do not need controls from 4 spoke wheel.

CC buttons fitted under steering wheel covers:

up26121-post-29-1235909158.jpg

up26121-post-29-1218599637.jpg

or CC buttons fitted inside radio control stalk

up67972-post-21-1245165014.jpg

up67972-post-21-1245164396.jpg

Pictures from Russian forum http://ffclub.ru/topic/3475/

This is for sure not plug and play but it can be done.

My car has a 4 spoke steering wheel without the cruise control buttons attached.

Is it possible to attach the cc buttons to the existing steering wheel without change it

and if so where can i find the buttons. i am looking on the internet and i found only the cc buttons for focus mk1 nothing for mk2

Far as i'm aware the mk2 buttons are integral to the wheel.

There are cc button wheels available on eBay.

The mk1 cc buttons were on a seperate bracket which attached to the wheel.

Mk2 focus CC buttons are not integrated to the steering wheel. They are connected to the wheel using screws and yes, they can be bough separately. However, steering wheel originally without CC buttons are NOT compatible with buttons. It seems that our Russian friends from FFClub have fitted buttons to non-buttoned wheel, but they have cut some plastic etc. New buttons does cost just as much than used wheel with CC buttons, so there's probably no point getting just the buttons (ie. I paid 70 EUR for leather steering wheel with CC buttons )...

No, it is not possible.

There are other ways to fit CC, far from factory look but you could keep your ST steering wheel and you do not need controls from 4 spoke wheel.

CC buttons fitted under steering wheel covers:

up26121-post-29-1235909158.jpg

up26121-post-29-1218599637.jpg

or CC buttons fitted inside radio control stalk

up67972-post-21-1245165014.jpg

up67972-post-21-1245164396.jpg

Pictures from Russian forum http://ffclub.ru/topic/3475/

This is for sure not plug and play but it can be done.

Now thats some clever thinking :)

I think under the steering wheel covers is what I'll be going for if I can't get a good custom fit between the spokes on a 3 spoke st wheel. I think with a bit of fibreglass it's doable though.

In that 3 spoke pic have they simply taken the push switches out of the original switch units or are have they spliced new switches into the existing wiring?

Also, can anybody actually confirm they've managed to activate CC on an ST? I've got a spare 3 spoke wheel on the way and I'm trying to get hold of a 4 spoke now I can use to donate the switches.

When you get the 4 spoke with buttons put it on and try it after you do the activation.........then you know if it works and you can carry on canibalising the wheel as planned :)

Well i have done all my checks and I meet 3 out of the 4 criteria. The only one I dont have is the correct GEM number. Mine ends in BX instead of DX. Can get a wheel for £75 from the local scraper so might just risk it and can always sell the wheel if not.

Mine was different aswell, but worked ok ......give it a shot anyway.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know where the CC switches are in the ST, as I have seen them advertised on autotrader with CC but in the pics they have the 3 spoke ST wheel?

I haven't seen the switches in any of the pictures, so was just wondering if Ford even offered the ST with CC or are the autotrader people not telling the truth!?

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update.

radio info displays radio station or frequency , CD track , but does not display music via memory stick.

Phone info displays incoming call info

Shift change although displays when you start the car , i held at 4000 rpm and as of yet has not displayed while driving.( Wife will probably get that one to display)

Reverse sound , is totally annoying and i will switch that off.

:)

Just a quick question - nothing to do with the retro fitting CC, what stereo do you have that your playing music through a memory stick?

Just a quick question - nothing to do with the retro fitting CC, what stereo do you have that your playing music through a memory stick?

I have the satnav fx model

I have the satnav fx model

ahh..didnt realise this had USB, think i might have another look on eBay, where did you get yours?

Mine was already fitted to the car , along with the USB socket inside the armrest

Hi, I've just bought a 2008 TDCI Titanium that has cruise fitted already but the airbag cover is cracked. Having scoured Google I was eventually directed to this thread about replacing it. You say that you have to butcher the old cover to fit a replacement but do you have to remove the wheel and everything else to do this or can you do it all in situ? Are we talking side cutters/stanley knife style butchering or leverage with a screwdriver (obviously helps that the cover is already cracked)?

You would need to remove airbag only, no need to remove steering wheel. Remember to disconnect battery first. You will find the "how-to" in first post of this thread. You can use side cutters / stanley knife to get rid of old airbag cover, using screwdriver might lead to airbag damage. Once you have airbag in you hand it will be very easy. It should not take more then 10-15 minutes to replace it.

Thanks Peter