Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

All I would want is the button to turn the system on or off, so a single push button stuck to the back of the hifi remote control would be perfect in this case.

There is such solution described on Russian Focus forum, requires some work with electrics to make buttons work but it was already done and working so can be done again.

up67972-post-21-1245164396.jpg

Link: http://ffclub.ru/top.../#entry10626295

On the other hand fitting steering wheel with CC is not a problem and interior still looks genuine. Your choice.

Very true, it was this particular post which put the idea in my mind. Adding a single push button would be much cheaper than buying a new steering wheel and airbag cover.

Thankfully, the car is so comfortable even on a long run that I am not finding myself lusting for CC yet, so will wait a bit longer before pulling the trigger.

Thankfully, the car is so comfortable even on a long run that I am not finding myself lusting for CC yet, so will wait a bit longer before pulling the trigger.

I guess it all depends on distances. On 100-200 miles journey I'm fine, but when doing 500-1000 miles one way I simply like to turn on CC and enjoy. Max speed in this case is not that important for me, prefer good steady speed all the way as long as conditions / traffic allow. For me CC was the best mod and I'm still happy with it.

I must say I do like having cruise control for any motorway really.

It's nice to just set the CC to 70, put on some decent tunes just relax. Makes for a really pleasent drive.

I've a a GEM ending in CE, on my 1.6 Zetec TDCi Estate.

This is likely to work? Are there are links for Cx GEMs?

Thanks

PhilT

Try it before you buy anything.....mine ends BB in 2008 Focus and it worked...........

Try it before you buy anything.....mine ends BB in 2008 Focus and it worked...........

Thanks, but what can I do to try it?

I've only got the 3-spoke wheel.

Or am I missing something obvious?

If someone butchered a 4 spoke steering wheel and had the buttons left over, would I be able to plug them in to my car without changing the wheel at all? I understand they will not fit to the wheel properly, but I would be able to find someone to make up a mounting bracket so they can just clip to the steering column.

Don't want to risk buying them and find they HAVE to plug into a socket which is only on the 4 spoke wheel. I would normally just dive in and try it, but would rather ask you experts first.

My gem is a cc running version 10 software and cruise doesn't work.

Anyone with cruise working know what version software they have?

Is it possible to flash the software in the gem?

Would save having to buy a new module.

Thanks.

FuF.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just tried this on my 2006 focus zetec with GEM code ending in BH and it didnt work. I connected the steering wheel and using the beep test where you hold down heated rear windscreen button while turing ignition on and the cruise control buttons worked. I then enabled "cruise control configuration" using ELMconfig in the HEC and GEM but no luck. Have I missed anything out?

For people who have got it to work when you turn the ignition on does the cruise control light come on? If it does, an easy way to test to see if your car supports it could be to try enabling it using ELMconfig and if it illuminates your car supports it.

If someone butchered a 4 spoke steering wheel and had the buttons left over, would I be able to plug them in to my car without changing the wheel at all? I understand they will not fit to the wheel properly, but I would be able to find someone to make up a mounting bracket so they can just clip to the steering column.

Don't want to risk buying them and find they HAVE to plug into a socket which is only on the 4 spoke wheel. I would normally just dive in and try it, but would rather ask you experts first.

The connectors are the same just with a couple of extra wires. I would have taken a pic but I've just put the airbag back on. If you want you could connect the controls into the wires under the steering column

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So if after you fit the 4 spoke and it does not work, can you still whip it to ford to have it activated or are they not forthcoming about the whole thing?

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked my gem seems to end BF, no cruise for me I guess...

Wouldn't assume that yet....if the wiring is there, it'll work......if your PCM supports it. Try to find out really is all you can do. I've activated it in a few GEM modules now and swapped them into my car to test, and they all work. I think its more down to the PCM myself.......

Wouldn't assume that yet....if the wiring is there, it'll work......if your PCM supports it. Try to find out really is all you can do. I've activated it in a few GEM modules now and swapped them into my car to test, and they all work. I think its more down to the PCM myself.......

You need IDS or go to a ford garage. Instructions:

Firstly check calibration number in PCM programming and write it down.

Then

shut down IDS and this time let IDS connect to the car with IGnition

OFF. After some time you will get to a point where it says that a new

PCM might be installed. Leave Ign off and get to screen wheree it asks

for PCMN calibration number. Enter the one you previously wrote dowm.

Now go to programming, Module install and program PCM, it will then go

through all the options fitted like cruise control (speed control)

You

need to reprogram PCM with the speed control active. Though you have to

fool it by thinking you have installed a new PCM. Have ignition off

whilst IDS is connecting. Then pick model manually and you will need PCM

part number. You can get this on the programming page. Then it will go

through various configuration questions about what is fitted to vehicle.

There you go......sorted :) Ta.

• 1 month later...

is there any fusses for this ? mine has stopped working and i cant see why.

I will be following this guide tomorrow, if I can get a steering wheel from a local scrapyard.

Reading about the Russian software, and the modified ELM cable, is there any information out there related to premade remapping? Something along the lines of a Bluefin profile?

So, I got a wheel, although the leather is ripped.

Once I have had the Cruise Control activated, I'll be changing the wheel for one in better condition.

Luckily for me, I was scratching my head trying to figure out if I knew anyone that works at Ford, and I remembered one of my Dad's customers is a Ford mechanic. Fingers crossed I can get it activated next week.

All this effort, and I might sell it because I am getting pee'd off with the rust :-(

If anyone is doing this in Doncaster, Stoneacre want £80 for the IDC/PCM activation, and I found an independant who wants £50.

Cruise control can be done by hand.

25af846bb1b4.jpgd5be988af331.jpg35ebd93a22ec.jpgb37c38844563.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a GEM BF and I have successfully activate cruise control

• Like 1

Information as to establish their own hands buttons for cruise control is on the Russian site http://ffclub.ru/topic/3475/. I installed on my car cruise control. If you have any questions, please contact me.4730c2ce3fc4.jpg

Hi Rus-45, are you saying that you have managed to install cruise control using that russian guide?

I find the translations are a bit rough, but are you able to compose a guide of your own based on the guide you followed and what you did to achieve the installation?

what parts did you buy and how much did it cost in all?