Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

Tell us what is not clear. The price of all radio components 2 - 3 $. + Buttons on the old remote control SONY.

a lot of it seems to be lost in translation, where words are not translated well, or at all. other steps seem to miss instructions, so it seems to be not so fluent.

It looks like you need to be excellent at wiring and soldering to do it yourself though?

Jeebowhite, it would be better not to buy the same cruise control buttons on the other hand, or the steering wheel

Sorry Jarek I am not quite sure I follow (been up all night, so to be fair, I question if black is black, or white!)

whether black is black or white is up to you, each sees it differently

lol, very true!

so what do you mean by the "better not to buy the same cruise control buttons on the other hand, or the steering wheel"?

Sory better buy new buttons or stering wheel easy to do

that makes sense :) thats the way I was going to do it, dont have the cash now, but I can never seem to find the steering wheels for sale :p

lol :)

How about cruise control buttons on your radio stalk?

Makes it alot more easier that having to take of your steering wheel etc.

I am now talking to a chinese seller about getting one of these devices and trying it. If all goes well i may be able to rangle some forum discounts :D

post-17334-0-01641400-1369147796_thumb.j

I would genuinely be tempted, but unless I mis interpreted half of the instructions, it seems you need to be very good at wiring / soldering at a minimum...

Look at the stalk, it seems to be a plug in, wire up the two wires, activate via IDS or that elm trick and dusted...Your cruising down the A1 (m) at 70mph

EDIT: but like i say i will take the punt, get the first device and activate using my IDS and test

EDIT 2: I have attached a circuit diagram of basically Rus is talking about...You will need to understand electronic to even know...But basically the squares are resistors, the things next to labels are buttons and the lines are wires.

post-17334-0-65040700-1369172010_thumb.j

And theres my limitation - I cant read electrics :D

That kit doesnt come with any resistors does it? so you would need to wire them in manually?

lol its already made according to the info they supplied. basically you disconnect your radio stalk, remove the two screws holding the steering column surround...i think scotch lock onto the wires. put surround back on plug in new radio/cruise stalk.

Get activation done on GEM, IC and PCM (im clarifying this)...i know it needs activating

Done. :D

I get paid on thursday night for friday and so will send the fund for one of these and try. Ive checked all the wiring etc and its all there.

EDIT: i may even go out tonight and spend some time playing with my VCM to activate cruise control so next week when i get it, its a case of plug and play :D

Well if you can make it that easy it will be one hell of an investment... How much you paying ?

£90 thats including shipping. Ive managed to get some discount but the supplier is prepared to give further if i agree and it works :D

a bit steep I have to say!

Whats the realistic discount you can get?

Yeah ive already got him down from £130. I think the main cost is the fact its a new media stalk from ford that they modify. Not too sure how much a new one costs. But in the end 9/10 it cheaper that buying a new steering wheel, buttons, airbag and then getting it activated

Yeah ive already got him down from £130. I think the main cost is the fact its a new media stalk from ford that they modify. Not too sure how much a new one costs. But in the end 9/10 it cheaper that buying a new steering wheel, buttons, airbag and then getting it activated

I paid £40 for a steering wheel with cruise buttons

Yeah thats my worry, you can buy them for a lot less...

I think i can push him down a bit more to the similar price of the steering wheel listed previously. But to be honest i dont like the sounds of taking my steering wheel off and airbag unit (possibly buying second hand); i dont have a decent torque wrench to tighten the wheel up properly and knowing my luck the airbag will go off when i try and get it off...im like Mr. Bean when it comes to spanners, give me a computer any day...IT Techy not Mechy is my motto.

The airbag is easy to remove as long as you disconnect the battery and allow any residual charge to disperse.

The only tricky part is swapping the airbag covers over.

still wouldnt trust myself lol...I'll put it all back together and go for a drive. The steering wheel will come away and and the airbag will go off backwards and inside out lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club