Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

you should be able to do it with IDS, depending on if your clicking the right places...?

"Selection not available" this is the error. I tried with IDS V72 V74 V75 V77 V81 V84 V86 and Ford VCM 1 and VCM 2. I need crack the software? After that, it's easy to active CC?

I have no experience with it I am afraid, but I know a few members here have it.

If you start a thread in the general chat section asking for anyone with IDS, then you might find someone who has done it before and can guide you through it. I know of two people, one hasnt been on the forum for a while, the other (Nath) is very much active, so he might come across your request for assistance. I believe he has got it working on several cars using the IDS clone.

CC activated successfully, thanks guys! The CC buttons emit sound when clicked? And backlight, is possible to adapt?

IMG_20141002_173247.jpg

no sound on click and you could change the LED but its not worth the agro.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, im searching for a tutorial to mount this on my Ford Focus 2 MK2 2.0L TDCI136 of 2007 year:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-High-quality-Steering-wheel-Audio-channel-and-Constant-speed-cruise-control-button-For-2005/1913258268.html

This tutorial is about this module or not?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you'd lose the 'voice' button.

But it looks promising - so what exactly does it entail, fit this stalk in place of the existing one - and get CC activated somewhere?

Hi

new to this forum, i would like to get my cc turned on. Just looked at the wires on fuse box & under steering column that i need and they seem to be there, also cc light on dash lights up in test mode.

does anyone know anywhere that would be able to get it working around the Liverpool area? Not something i would like to do myself.

• 3 months later...

This is a superb mine of info I'm up to page 7, but can't see what I'm looking for. How much of this applies to an 07 plate S Max?

I'd love to retrofit cc on this car.

Cheers!

I have just installed this on my 08 titanium focus, was a scary 20 mins sending the fw back to the car, but it all works as it should! Not bad only cost me £80 for all parts :)

This is a superb mine of info I'm up to page 7, but can't see what I'm looking for. How much of this applies to an 07 plate S Max?

I'd love to retrofit cc on this car.

Cheers!

Should be just fit the steering wheel and activate cc in BCM module.

Can be done easily yourself by modified Elm interface......

Have read through most of the thread so apologies if this has been mentioned.

I have a Titanium MK2 with the 3 spoke steering wheel; is a 4 spoke required for the mod?

The 4 spoke is needed if fitting the oem cruise buttons due to the way they are fitted however there are modified radio stalks available with the relevant buttons fitted.

Search Aliexpress for 'ford focus cruise', they have listings for stalk and oem units.

Thanks Clive. Will definitely be the OEM route.

There's a scrap yard locally breaking a Ghia.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

I finished my Cruise Control build yesterday and wanted to share. Firstly, thanks to all the contributors to this thread for the supplied information and Sergej for the ELM software.

Now, to the business: for the buttons I used a single 4-direction navigation switch I got from Farnell. I figured I could skip the "OFF" button since cruise control can be set off with "RESUME" too, so I only did "ON", "RESUME", "+", and "-". I picked very small resistors and soldered them directly to the pins on the switch on the bottom side. Too bad I forgot to take a photo of the resistors before I dressed everything in hot glue. For the switch cap I used a laptop trackpoint cap you can get cheaply on eBay. Though, Farnell also sells key caps for any push switch you buy. I mounted the button on the radio control stalk on the top. I wanted to put it on the back but there wasn't any space there because of the radio tuner lever pivot points. It could also be mounted on the steering wheel and would probably be nicer to use but I just didn't want to take the wheel apart. I think on the back side of the left wheel spoke would be the best place to put it (in a LHD car).

P3147923.jpg

P3147926.jpg

P3147924.jpg

I would just like to reiterate the prodcedure I did with the ELMConfig for anyone new to the thread to save them some time:

1. setup adapter for MS-CAN bus
  2. read configs from all pages of each of GEM, HEC and PCM and save to files for backup (I skipped page 3 of HEC because I read somewhere in this thread it's unsafe to read from page 3 of HEC)
  3. select Cruise Control options on GEM, HEC, and PCM and write to each at a time - trying to write to PCM produces an error about a non-empty VID block
  4. download firmware from PCM and save to BIN file - takes 40mins
  5. load firmware from the same BIN file, opt "No" when asked about the non-empty VID block
  6. write firmware to PCM, when asked choose to use the current configuration for the VID block (at this point I had the cruise control checkbox already checked on the PCM config page)
  7. read configs from GEM, HEC and PCM again to see if cruise control checkboxes are checked and to save the files again
Not sure if this is the absolutely correct procedure but it worked for me. My PCM is SID83A.

Also, I wired the switch before I started playing with the software.

Links to the materials:

Connections:

All pin numbers refer to 4-direction switch pins as defined in the datasheet http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/85573.pdf

• 120R: pins 1 and 6
  • 180R: pins 1 and 3
  • 300R: pins 2 and 3
  • 510R: pins 2 and 5
  • 1k: pins 4 and 5
  • pin 4 goes to brown lead of the car
  • pin 6 goes to white lead of the car
Note: pin 6 is not connected to anything inside the switch so I used it as an anchor for the 120R resistor and the white lead.

This connection scheme produces right => "ON", left => "RESUME", forward => "-", back => "+" in the orientation that I mounted the switch. Let me know if you want help altering the scheme for your spec.

The good:

• minimal impact, only one button
  • no need to buy a four spoke steering wheel or original wheel buttons

The bad:

• looks a little bodgy
  • button not in ideal position, fiddly to use at first

Final note: the switch feels a little soft, definitely softer than other buttons, so if I was doing the build again I would use a switch with more actuation force, probably the one with the yellow head. All in all, not too bad. I'm pleased.

Any questions are most welcome :)

Cheers,

Igor

Hi,

Does anybody want to buy a 4 spoke steering wheel with cruise control? I bought it a while ago and never got round to installing it before I sold my focus.

npjqk8.jpg

can any one confirm that it does work on the older GEM version? I've found a complete steering wheel, airbag and all, all the other switches an cables are present its just I don't have the D model GEM

can any one confirm that it does work on the older GEM version? I've found a complete steering wheel, airbag and all, all the other switches an cables are present its just I don't have the D model GEM

People have confirmed on this thread it works on BB, BF, CD and CF GEMs. It reportedly fails on a BH GEM. I can't remember mine but can take a look later today (I think it's a CJ). Which GEM do you have?

People have confirmed on this thread it works on BB, BF, CD and CF GEMs. It reportedly fails on a BH GEM. I can't remember mine but can take a look later today (I think it's a CJ). Which GEM do you have?

Hardware is cc, software is bc, I just noticed the startof the code is 7m5t, presumably that's several versions higher than the 4xxx at the start of this thread

My GEM is DG ,it works?or not