Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

As far as I understand how the modules are wired, if you can write to the GEM you're fine. The PCM does the actual throttle control when CC is activated, GEM translates you button inputs to the PCM and the HEC displays the dash light.

Don't take my word for it, I only did the mod on one car. I'm no expert. I doubt anyone will be able to confirm your GEM is ok unless they have the same one.

If you have the time you can try making a temporary switch bank and test with that before buying the steering wheel. That would be the safest.

can any one confirm that it does work on the older GEM version?

My GEM is probably older than yours because the car is older and it works on mine.

• Like 1

I already order the steering wheel at 60 euros without the airbag,so we see at the future if it works or not.Thanks for help,sorry if i make mistakes with english

Hi .I want to install this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231372382785?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT to my car ford focus 2006 1.6 titanium gasoline.I check the wires and it's ok .Have anyone of you installed ?it works fine . I only have to replace mine with the new from ebay and connect the black and red to port 10 and 18 i think.

And after that i can work with elm 327.Is that the procedure?

That's the procedure. You wire the black and red to the brown and white under the steering wheel column cover. I can't confirm the radio stalk on eBay will work because I haven't tried it but if I can remember properly people have used it and said it works.

• Like 1

if your going to fork out 60 quid on the radio stalk you might as well spend a bit more and get the steering wheel. Its a wee bit more tricky but looks pretty straight forward. Sod it, in for a penny an all that, if it doesn't work ill trawl the scrap yards for a newer GEM module.

That was pretty straight forward, fitting a new 4 spoke wheel with CC and airbag took about 10 min, activated in GEM and HEC no bother, PCM was a little more complicated and actually got me crapping myself for a moment, when reading the ROM off the PCM make sure you turn off the car and back on again before trying to upload the new one. Car had a wee fit and came up engine malfunction and was as dead as a dodo. off an on again and it flashed no problem. Phew!

one thing tho

the +- res and off buttons all work fine, but the Set button doesnt appear to do anything, i can activate CC by using the + button without any issues but its a little strange that set button doesnt work, any ideas?

Can someone just clarify - which cable, and which software do you need to enable CC?

And does the USB adapter need modifying to do this?

That was pretty straight forward, fitting a new 4 spoke wheel with CC and airbag took about 10 min, activated in GEM and HEC no bother, PCM was a little more complicated and actually got me crapping myself for a moment, when reading the ROM off the PCM make sure you turn off the car and back on again before trying to upload the new one. Car had a wee fit and came up engine malfunction and was as dead as a dodo. off an on again and it flashed no problem. Phew!

one thing tho

the +- res and off buttons all work fine, but the Set button doesnt appear to do anything, i can activate CC by using the + button without any issues but its a little strange that set button doesnt work, any ideas?

You mean the "ON" button? It activates CC. Try using CC without pressing the "ON" button first. It won't work. It's a weird decision by the engineers but that's how it is.

• Like 1

You mean the "ON" button? It activates CC. Try using CC without pressing the "ON" button first. It won't work. It's a weird decision by the engineers but that's how it is.

yeah id just figured that out, wwent for another drive and the set button didn't work, tried the others an it did, soon realised how it works and your right its a little daft. anywho, fully working cc, cheers guys. ;)

is this the right steps to activate cc?

is this the right steps to activate cc?

Did you get it working?

The procedure is correct but you got an error message when doing PCM. Is "Integrated speed control" checked if you read the config from the PCM?

Did you install the buttons before programming?

I am not the guy at the video,just found to the you tube .Yesterday i receive the steering wheel i order and i'm waiting the elm 327 modified.Do i have to check integrated speed control?What buttons are you talking about?

I am not the guy at the video,just found to the you tube .Yesterday i receive the steering wheel i order and i'm waiting the elm 327 modified.Do i have to check integrated speed control?What buttons are you talking about?

The buttons: I meant the Cruise Control buttons (on the steering wheel).

Anyway, in that video, the procedure was correct, but incomplete. In the end there was an error about a non-empty VID block. That error prevents writing the configuration to the PCM. To resolve that error, you have to download the firmware from the PCM, save it in a BIN file, load that BIN file and write it back to the PCM. When asked if you want to use the VID block from the BIN file, you select "No". When asked if you want to use the current configuration for the PCM, select "Yes". Then you will be able to configure the PCM. Before programming it's a good idea to install the steering wheel. I think someone reported CC did not work if the CC buttons were installed after the programming.

I described the procedure I took here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/30008-guide-fitting-cruise-control-focus-mk2-mk25-and-ford-c-max/page-37

In each module (HEC, GEM, PCM) the CC setting has a different name. In the PCM it's the "Integrated speed control". In GEM and HEC it's "Cruise control configuration". You have to read the configuration from each module, check the relevant checkbox and then write the configuration back to the module. Trying to write to the PCM will produce the VID block error, which you resolve by writing the firmware to the PCM and selecting "No" when asked about the non-empty VID block in the firmware.

Let me know if anything is unclear or if you run into problems.

Ok thanks i hope this week receive and work with the elm and i get back to you if i have any guestions.Thanks again for your help

Maybe i don't understand something.I am ready to order used airbag and do i have tο match the exact part number of the airbag already have withe the used i buy or only the 4M51 at the start

example

Capture_zps0m7dzbgr.png

I don't want to brake down that i already have , and i see the airbag with the cover or only the cover have the same price..Are we sure the airbag from my 3 spoke wheel it fits in 4 spoke cover

The airbags are the same however the cover can be tricky to seperate.

This is an answear from eBay seller

New message from: essexusedcarparts (56Blue Star)

From what ive seen not always, but personally i would try get to match the number, if this is not a exact match send me your part number and i will see if i can match it with another i may have

For the sake of afew quid an peace of mind I didn't screw the airbag unit up removing it, I decided to buy a 4 spoke wheel with airbag and cc, 10/15 min an the physical job done.

Dee_82 are the parts you remove (steering wheel & airbag) have the same part numbers with the new (used) one .?

My GEM *DG* test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlRkQ1Yh6_A&feature=youtu.be

To day also received the elm 327 but i stack with the airbag product code if this is the right one.I contact two ford dealerships and one told me the 4M51 A042B85 CD 3ZHE is the right one according to my VIN and the other it's not.I don't want to brake the airbag i already have and buy only the cover for the new used 4 spoke steering wheel .What should i do?How can i procced

">http://20150326_124956_zpsuefm6obo.jpg

I have a 2007 Focus Estate 1.6 TDCI Style and have just fitted the cruise steering wheel. Does anybody know where I can get it activated in Birmingham or should I order the ELM and do it myself?

I can't connect to gem with elm config.I can't read from gem .I ihave elm 327 to ms-can and elm config 0.2.10

I can't connect to gem with elm config.I can't read from gem .I ihave elm 327 to ms-can and elm config 0.2.10

Did you click "Setup adapter for MS-CAN bus" on the first screen of ELMConfig?