Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

If anyone can explain in dummy terms where it attaches to and whether a Sport model is capable of cruise control retrofitting I may consider that my next project.

Hi Clive, the way I did it was to remove the cowling, strip a bit of insulation off the two wires (brown and white) then wrapped the open end if the wires from the cruise buttons it's fine. Just check your gembboard main harness for the white and brown wires and it should be good to go. I have a test rig I set up, not sure if it's in one piece but your welcome to borrow it?

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

In theory if I connect up the cc wires then I should be able to use the button/switch self test mode inbuilt on the car (press and hold rear demister button when starting car).

If I get beeps on all buttons then all good.

Do I need elm config to activate the cc modes?

Yeah Elm needs to enable it at a hecs and gem level I also used the button test and confirmed that they all worked.

Drop me a pm when you get a chance

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Friends!
My car is the Focus, but Brazilian.
On the first page, which tells you what is required for install the cruise control seen talking on GEM connector.
"2 Check the GEM connector 103 -. Blue one with two rows of wires, located on the left next to fuses - if it has brown wire attached to pin 10 and white wire attached to pin 18.
"
This is my GEM connector, it has the necessary wires (I marked the ones I think are)?
Thank you!

yep, that certainly looks right!

Have you got the switches underneath the pedals?

Yes, my car has sensors on the pedals! I will try to activate the CC with Elmconfig and if it works buy buttons. I'm thinking these: http://pt.aliexpress.com/item/2013-new-car-speed-control-switch-cruise-control-system-kit-for-ford-focus-2-focus-2005/1741782161.html

you wont know it works until you have fitted the buttons to be honest! but those buttons should definately do the job!

Remember you need a 500,000 kbps ELM cable so that you can write to the instrument cluster, any less and it will fail outright.

I bought this scanner obd2: http://pt.aliexpress.com/item/2014-High-Quality-3-Years-Warranty-OBD-OBDII-Scanner-ELM-327-Car-Diagnostic-Scanner-ELM327-USB/560975266.html?productId=560975266

I'm hoping to get to start my work. Here in Brazil we are having trouble enabling CC in PCM because our cars are flex fuel. When they were just gasoline, we could enable us CC. If I get my car will be the first in the country that we know ...

that might not be the right speed, but also you need to add the switch and wire the high speed and medium speed can.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have got my cruise control working by GEM and HEC but can't understand the Russian translation to get the PCM working.

What effect does the PCM have on the cruise control and is it really needed.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

its definately needed.

Theres about 3 or 4 steps to sort the gem board out. I remember posting on the russian forum and got the clarification but cant remember it!

• 2 weeks later...

You would probably need to swap steering wheel, gem board and have Ford involved. That I'd presuming the wires and switches are there. Unfortunately there is less you can do on the mk1

To be honest it could be that simple, but you need to check you have the wiring, switches on pedals and you will need the additional stalk

Easiest way is to find a wiring diagram and look at cruise control to identify it's colours. If you have the right wires, your good to get started

Anyone know of a company would would do this work for me? (ideally in Yorkshire!)

to be honest you could pay most companies a small fortune to install it aftermarket for you! but to be honest, unless you have over £300 to get it done, its really not normally worth it. However, in the situation of the MK1.5 it is the best answer.

After a bit of research, I can say that Ford used to make a servo / linkage kit, and after the MK1.5 they integrated it into the PCM, because the cars where old and still are (by modern car standards) they stopped making them altogether. so if you have a MK1 / 1.5 Focus, you wont be able to retrofit yourself, and you would need to go aftermarket.

Something like this might possibly work?

http://www.thecruisecontrolstore.com/2000-2007-ford-focus-complete-rostra-cruise-control-kit/

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening gentlemen, regards from Brazil.

I have a Focus Duratec 2.0L 145hp Gasoline 2009, I installed the wheel with cruise control buttons, my car has sensors on the pedals, but the CC are not activated. I tried with FORD IDS, unsuccessful. I bought this ELM interface : http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-Diagnostic-OBD2-Modified-Switch-Forscan-Elmconfig-Ford-Mazda-CAN-/281402876340?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item4184eb21b4

I can activate it? The process is easy and safe?

THX!

you should be able to do it with IDS, depending on if your clicking the right places...?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club