AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Pidu

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

730 posts in this topic

To be fair they do have to change them, by commenting the pc pressing buttons and ticking boxes and saving it lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Has anyone had any success in flashing the PCM for CC on the 1.8 TDCI?

I have read on the Russian forum that some firmwares on the PCM will delete PATS bindings meaning you might not be able to start the engine after flashing.

There was a list of known firmwares to do this and I'm hoping mine isn't one of those firmwares on that list. I bought a modified ELM327 and I will check which firmware I have when it arrives.

Fitted the new steering wheel and enabled CC in the GEM and the HEC. The buttons test works but no cruise control. Looks like I need to flash the PCM. Just got the latest ELM config software as the version I had did not support PCM configuration. I tried reading from the PCM yesterday but kept getting errors, the ODB lead I have has always been temperamental so have ordered another.

Must say I am really really nervous about flashing the PCM, I have flashed loads of phones and MP3 players over the years, but this is different.

is this on a ST?

ok guys everythings on hold :( the steering wheel i got is from a focus c max part number 3M513600CG and the airbag unit from mine wont fit :( this wheel takes a 4 point airbag fixing and mine is a 3 point .... Does anyone know what the part number would be for an airbag and cover unit for the new wheel ???

Thanks for your help

Chris

Finally got mine working. The stumbling block was enabling cruise control in the PCM. The problem was a bad ELM327 lead followed by another bad lead. A good one finally arrived today. Was quite straight forward for using the latest version of ELMconfig - Version 0.2.17b. The only thing that wasn't obvious was that it is necessary to obtain the PCM firmware from the information page of the PCM section and then select it from the drop down list on the 'Configuration' page. It only took a few seconds to read and then re-program the PCM.