clubber

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Ford Model: ST3
  • Year: 2008

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

Yeah it just has to be the earlier version to bypass the locks but after you can recalibrate to a new version ;)

Check wires and let us know if not sure get as many pics as you can and upload

Just checked for the wires, they all seem to be present

2013-07-19 12.54.34.jpg

2013-07-19 12.54.42.jpg

2013-07-19 13.08.08.jpg

2013-07-19 13.10.13.jpg

I also have the switches on the pedals

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#302 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Focus 2014 1.6 tdci + S max 2007
  • Year: 2014

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

Yeah it just has to be the earlier version to bypass the locks but after you can recalibrate to a new version ;)

Check wires and let us know if not sure get as many pics as you can and upload

What version you running ?   I have  V85   working fine on a clean XP Professional install, on a seperate partition with nothing else installed.   Module reprogramming was disabled in   V80  i think........

#303 clubber

clubber

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

My GEM ends JD, according to the original post it must end with DX (where X could be any letter - A,B or any other), for example 4M5T-14A073-DW

Is this info out of date now?

#304 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,091 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

I was using ver 81 to begin with then tries v75 but it would still get "data error" tried version 72 and it got access. Recalibrated with and older file then updated using motorcraft servers

#305 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,091 posts
Contributor

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

I think that info doesnt matter now best check to see if you know any st has cruise if so you could be in luck

#306 clubber

clubber

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

I think that info doesnt matter now best check to see if you know any st has cruise if so you could be in luck

ST's and RS's don't come with cruise nor is it an option

#307 fyl

fyl

Settling In Well

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Name: fyl
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDCi
  • Year: 2011

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

Mine doesn't have the wires :( Any chance just pulling the 2 wires straight from the steering  to the plug will work ? 

Mine doesn't have the white/brown wires at the junction box. Looking at the electrical schematics for the passenger junction box. It seems to show that the 2 wires just connects to the cruise control switches. Does that refer to the CC switches on the steering ? I am still wondering if I could just insert 2 new brown/white cables into the Blue connector and link it directly to the steering wheel connector. 

Appreciate your view.

Cruise%20Control.JPG

#308 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 14,667 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

You could try, people have installed additional items doing it this way, but I cant say if cruise control will work the same...

#309 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Focus 2014 1.6 tdci + S max 2007
  • Year: 2014

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

Are the pins present in the GEM module ??  No good adding wires if they're not there. I had this problem with other retrofits ( autolights / wipers )  The pins were not there, so i bought a second hand GEM on Ebay that had all pins present, wrote my configuration to it.....and bingo all worked a treat.  Pull the plug and have a look first....

#310 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,091 posts
Contributor

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

I believe the wires go direct from fuse to steering wheel as the brake and clutch switch will use the CAN network to turn off the cruise when pressed. but the wiring will need to be there also.

#311 Cragrat

Cragrat

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hello,
After trial and error I finally found an EML327 that would run at a baud rate of 500000.
Activated Cruise Control in the Gem and HEC. Doing the GEM test via the Heated rear window I get the beeps and indicators flash on all of the Cruise control buttons. So the Gem knows they are there. The switches are all present on the clutch and brake.

So working through the set up in Wilcos post 1451 in Guide for Focus Mk2/2.5 C-Max/kuga~Elm 327 cable and Ff2 program etc. In the procedures page 2 screen I Read the firmware from PCM in file (saves as a bin file) reading complete in 3 minuets. Read the VID block from PCM blue bar shows progress and saved to my computer.
Changed to configuration screen checked the Integrated Speed Control and saved as PCM config. Picture 2.
Back to procedures screen page 2. Clicked on Load VID Block from file the only option in the box is to open PCM Config. Which I do. Picture 3. Click on Load Firmware from File box opens and again the only option is to open PCM dump 7M51-12A650AFD-Bin. Picture 4. This I did. I get the warning as in picture 5 There is a Non Empty VID Block etc I click on yes.
Next Write current firmware in PCM. I get beep from Instrument cluster and Engine Malfunction warning. The Blue bar shows progress and it writes data to 97 blocks. Picture 6.
It reboots when finished and up pops a box Reprogram Success in 3 minuets.
I shut down program, turn off ignition. Unplug EML 327. Start car. Drive to local dual carriageway. At a speed in excess 60mph select cruise control via the button on steering wheel. Take foot off accelerator. No cruise control!
I have now gone through this 3 times with the same result.

Can anyone through some light on this or is my steering wheel going to end up on Ebay. My PCM number is in picture 1.
Thank you.PCM config1.jpg PCM config2.jpg PCM config3.jpg PCM config4.jpg PCM config5.jpg PCM config6.jpg

#312 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,091 posts
Contributor

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Not being funny but did you press the "on" button followed by "+"?

I have seen in a few places that the elm method does not allow pcm mod...but not sure on truth of that

#313 jarp

jarp

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Name: Jari
  • Year: 2005

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

Wait... I have not yet received my 500kbps capable ELM327 dongle so I really do not know, but this got my attention:

"I get the warning as in picture 5 There is a Non Empty VID Block etc I click on yes."

Will this not overwrite your previously loaded VID which had CC enabled? So in essence you just rewrote original firmware back to the PCM without any modifications...

This is just a quess. I have never reprogrammed PCM or anoything, but judging from wording in your screenshots, I would suspect that this is the case. Though, I do not know if it is safe to answer no either! Perhaps you could check those Russian forums using Google translator?

Edit: Perhaps this can be checked out by reading again firmware and VID block from the PCM and seeing if CC is enabled or not? If it is enabled then it must be something else...

#314 jarp

jarp

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Name: Jari
  • Year: 2005

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

Cragrat, you still with us? I've been reading Russian forums using Google Translator and they suggested that to enable CC in PCM, you should FIRST read PCM from file and THEN read (modified) VID from file. This could solve your problem, even if elmconfig reads old configruation from PCM file, then reading (modified) VID from file sohuld update them...

Aside of that, does anybody know if 1.6 Ti-VCT (115hp) with 4 oxygen sensors should work? I found one post from civil-zz, that it may not work, but nothing ever since... Still waiting my ELM327 interface...

Edit: Reading Russinan forums further, it seems that yes you can also load first VID, then PCM and when it asks that non-empty VID block blah blah, you could answer no and VID block from file will be used. Though this information is from Google translator, I cannot guarantee anything...

#315 Cragrat

Cragrat

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Name: David
  • Year: 2009

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

Hi, Yes I'm still here.
I only get the oppotunity to look into this on my car every week or so. Thanks for all the advice. Hope to check through it all soon, including making sure I press the right buttons in the right order.
I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users