clubber

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Ford Model: ST3
  • Year: 2008

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:01 AM

Ford buttons or self made? I noticed that the GEM beebs on the rear window heater trick, even if the buttons were set up all wrong. 

Ford buttons mate, I have a 4 spoke steering wheel.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#452 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,480 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

How important is it for these resistors to be the right value?

I bought a pack of resistors of all the varying amounts, and most of them are all less than the value specified. Most come in 5 - 17 ohms less than they are packaged as?

120 = 115
180 = 177
300 = 295
510 = 495
1000 = 983

Should I be getting in touch with the seller, and should these numbers be a minimum, or is it a ballpark game?

#453 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,480 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

Having a rather blonde moment...

Attached is how I think it should work. Given that I have the microswitches with 4 legs (1 pair the switch closes, 1 pair remains closed permenantly).

So the plan is this, the top of the boxes in my diagram are the perma closed, so after I press the button, the current will then run through all of these circuits, and will output the resistance of all of these resistors to the car.

So at any point, the ECU should always receive a resistance of 1210 ohms. I then turn cruise off and the ECU receives no resistance, and switches it off, but as soon as I release the button it then gets all 1210 Ohms back again.

So can someone just clarify for me that this is correct? The switch bridges going down, and remains perma closed going across? I am confident that this is right, but something just doesnt feel right lol

CC_zps85f1612d.png

#454 Focus66

Focus66

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Name: Ian
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2006

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

Be very quick, an absolute bargain.......

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a8889fccf

#455 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,480 posts
Contributor

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

Bargain and a half!

Out of curiosity, would anyone who has succsesfully activated cruise control with their modified OBDII adapter, be willing to lend it to me? It appears mine cannot talk at 500000 so I cannot get onto the PCM and do the download.

#456 simmaren_1

simmaren_1

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: Fredrik
  • Year: 2006

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

Hello,

When I finaly got the right elm327 (elm327 dongle #3...) with 500k speed, I saved the VID & firmware, loaded it back and activaded the CC-option (in PCM).

When I then tried to write it back to the PCM it said that my PCM is not supported!

I have the ECU-131 and PCM 5M51AG.

Does someone know why only the "5M51JD / JE" are supported by the ELMConfig?

What is the difference between JD/JE and my AG?

Will the xxxAG be supported in the future or am I just in bad luck regarding the activation of the CC?

Can I download another calibration file to my PCM?

I do not want to give up :(

/Fredrik

Focus 1.8 FlexiFuel 2006

My cruise control is now working!

Thanks to ELMconfig and the Quizzer functionality I managed to activate the cc. It was scary when you read that the PCM is beeing erased...

My tool is a modified china version with the FTDI... All of the warning messages about doing it on your own risk was flashing for my eyes...

It worked so I am glad :)

Thank you ELMconfig!!!

Cheers

Fredrik

#457 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,480 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

no matter which PCM I use, none are supported :( This is under all of the PCM types as well, so its the same error on the others :(

PCMNotSupported_zps1ef65a3a.jpg

I have connected the switches temporarily and tried it and unfortunately no cruise :( seems that I wont be able to do this with Elm Config perhaps.

I basically ticked the box and tried to write, and that was the result, I hope its just a user error! :P any thoughts?

#458 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,480 posts
Contributor

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

Does anyone have any reason to believe that the mondeo cruise buttons would use different resistances?

#459 giwrgos_ath

giwrgos_ath

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Name: George
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2.5
  • Year: 2010

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

Guys, today i had the time to work on this mod. After ensuring that i have all the required switches and cables, in installed the wheel and it seemed fine.

I activated the CC using ELMconfig on two places of the config without any issues, and went for a ride, but for some reason the CC didn't come on.

Also, i noticed that the one-click closing of all windows is no longer working. The opening is fine.

Any ideas what that might be?

#460 Tezza

Tezza

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Name: Terry
  • Ford Model: Focus ST3
  • Year: 2009

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

Try this

Step 1:
Press the power window control switch close button until the door window is fully closed and hold the button in the close position for a further second.

Step 2:
Release the power window control switch close button and press again two or three more times, for one second each time.

Step 3:
Press the power window control switch open button until the door window is fully open.

Step 4:
Briefly press the power window control switch close button to the second detent and release the button.

If the door window does not close automatically, repeat the complete procedure.

Repeat the door window motor initialization for each door window motor.

#461 giwrgos_ath

giwrgos_ath

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

Thanks Terry, that solved my problem! Any idea why it happened in the first place? was it because i removed the battery?

The CC is still not working however... Any suggestions on that? I doubt it can be a faulty wheel...

#462 jarp

jarp

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Name: Jari
  • Year: 2005

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

I activated the CC using ELMconfig on two places of the config without any issues, and went for a ride, but for some reason the CC didn't come on.

CC usually needs to be enabled from three places - that and how to do it is what we have been discussing for last 20 pages. From what modules did you enable CC?

#463 giwrgos_ath

giwrgos_ath

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

Jari, i used ELM-FF2 and activated on IPC and BCM. I couldn't find the third option. Is this the PCM that you are talking about?

#464 jarp

jarp

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Name: Jari
  • Year: 2005

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

Jari, i used ELM-FF2 and activated on IPC and BCM. I couldn't find the third option. Is this the PCM that you are talking about?

Yes, PCM is the problem child as you cannot activate CC that easily from it. If you are lucky enough your PCM may already have CC ativated, but apparently not as it's not working. You need to enable CC from PCM... Please see last 10 pages about it.

And you can verify that your steering wheel and buttons works by using test mode:

- While holding rear window heater button down, turn ignition on
- Keep pushing heater button until you hear beeb -> test mode is on

When in test mode, all input buttons from steering wheel etc. should induce audible beeb and flash indicators should flash also. So you can test that GEM will recognize all your buttons.

#465 giwrgos_ath

giwrgos_ath

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

Jari,

Thanks for your answer. I've done the test and the buttons work fine.

I followed this topic in the past, but for some reason, i thought that my problem was not related to the ones discussed earlier, since i had the wired version of the cable. I will have to revisit all the posts and come back with more questions (if any)

Update: I was using ELMConfig v0.1.0.2 without any luck, but updating to v0.2.11b seem to have solved my issues. I read the VID-block (took 9 mins) and wrote it back (around 3 mins) to fix the 'block in use' error and then updated the configuration. Tested and it works!

I was scared at one point because the laptop battery died, but fortunately that didn't brick my car and i was able to restart the process.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users