Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

Today I drove my car after a week and I tried if the cc works. And it is working! :-)

I enabled it in GEM, HEC and only the calibration data from PCM (although the pcm part was totally unintentional because I forgot to read the walkthrough).

And it works!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

I installed buttons from aliexpress.com today, but didn't get cruise control working.

Self test procedure indicate that 4 buttons (+ -, OFF and RESUME) work, but the ON button gives no response.

I was wondering if someone might do me a favour and confirm if the ON button is supposed to beep when doing the self test?

• Press and hold rear window switch, and while holding switch down switch on the ignition & then release the rear window switch. Test that OFF button gives a beep response, and then confirm if ON button is supposed to beep or not.

If it beeps something is wrong with the programming, and if it doesn't I need to order a new buttons. The programming guide I followed was this one:

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know how to align the steering wheel to tires after retrofitting cruise control? I tried 2 times replacing wheel and changing position, but everytime it's in different position, now it's on 10 o'clock, when tires are straight. Cruise control works. I don't want to go to alignement service.

Before removing the steering wheel, mark its position with a permanent marker and save yourself the headache. Beside this very late advice, I can't think of anything other that trial and error, sorry.

No, actually I do: strip the steering wheel down to the retaining nut, drive in a straight line (to find when the wheels are straight), stop, mark the topmost point on the steering stem with a marker, remove the steering wheel, and realign it.

Ok, will try that tomorrow.

Update, central hole is hexagonal, didn't realise it before, so I had only 5 times to make wrong position of wheel. After 3rd try all is perfect now.

• 2 weeks later...

finally sorted ! cruise control and auto wipers and auto lights enabled!

:biggrin:

Hi, I'm looking to do this on my 2010 focus zetec. Looking at getting a steering wheel with cruise control buttons from a 2006 focus complete with airbag. Just wanted to check that changing the whole airbag won't cause any issues? Don't fancy cutting the cover and changing it if I can avoid it!

Thanks 

• 2 months later...

To answer my own question, this weekend I swapped the complete steering wheel and airbag and configured using elmconfig. Cruise control is working perfectly and no airbag lights/issues as far as I can tell so far. Thanks to the writer of the guide and advice on programming in this thread!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,
I have Focus MK2 (2007), and CC is something I really want (and I still can't understand how is not part of the Titanium spec, but whatever...)

Is this I need to buy?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-FOCUS-4-SPOKE-ZETEC-S-LEATHER-STEERING-WHEEL-USED-UNDAMAGED-GREAT-CONDITION-/282388184033?hash=item41bfa5bbe1:g:XfIAAOSwo4pYPuoF

Since it is from a MK2.5, will it work on mine?
Thank you for your help.

• 1 month later...

Hello,I know it's a bit of an old topic,looked today at my car I found the wires going that blue connector but my GEM is BF instead of DX ? Any ideea if I can make it work ? Also found a steering wheel with 4 spoke Focus steering wheel at 45£ wich I think is a decent price.

Cheers,

Sergiu

A BF GEM should work, I've seen a post on this topic of someone with a BF get it working fine.

Guys, thanks for this thread!
Because of you now i have perfectly working CC.

For the protocol my gem nodel is: 7M5T- CG

I have used win 10- 64 bit laptop, with ELMConfig ver. 0.2.17c.

Car model is Focus mk 2.5, 1.6- 100hp petrol, 2011y.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hello again

Cheers Igor,soon I've seen your post I bought the steering wheel.

I've instaled the 4 spoke steering wheel,enabled it in the GEM,HEC but I'm stuck at the PCM(as my car dosn't do anything once I press the on button) , I'll go at a Ford dealership and talk with someone.

Any screenshots? What exactly the car doesn't do?

3 hours ago, sergiuRoUK said:

I've instaled the 4 spoke steering wheel,enabled it in the GEM,HEC but I'm stuck at the PCM(as my car dosn't do anything once I press the on button) , I'll go at a Ford dealership and talk with someone.

Any screenshots? Describe your problem in more detail, maybe we can help.

22 hours ago, igorsinkovec said:

Any screenshots? What exactly the car doesn't do?

Any screenshots? Describe your problem in more detail, maybe we can help.

well I press the cc on button and nothing happens,it dosn't work, also this is the type of the dash(IC) I have,my car is a 2005 1.6 petrol LX.

1.jpg

@sergiuRoUK

Did you perform the dashboard self-test?

Did you perform the CC button test after installing the steering wheel?

Did the ELMConfig procedure complete succesfully?

The ELMconfing procedure completed,I've done the cc button test after installing the steering wheel.

Don't know about the dashboard self test.

@sergiuRoUK

Dash self test will show if you have the CC LED in the instrument cluster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ0i4U-O9WQ

How do you engage your CC? Do you know you have to press "ON" first, and then "SET"? And, your speed has to be above a certain threshold, I think it's 40Km/h (25MPH) or so.

Don't have that reset button.

Anyway gearbox just decided too let me down as is stuck in third. :)

I'll come back with some updates after I fix the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed my car and tried the on and set button, nothing happens. :(

I've tested the GEM Module,like in this video and I get the beep so I have conection. I think it's the PCM that dosn't have the CC enabeld.

Fixed my car and tried the on and set button, nothing happens. :(

I've tested the GEM Module,like in this video and I get the beep so I have conection. I think it's the PCM that dosn't have the CC enabeld.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club