Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

@sergiuRoUK

Can you show us screenshots of your PCM pages in ELMConfig?

sure,did I miss something ?

Inkedpcm2_LI.jpg

Inkedpcm1_LI.jpg

sure,did I miss something ?

The integrated speed control box needs to be ticked.

On 5/14/2017 at 0:21 AM, Dan P said:

The integrated speed control box needs to be ticked.

I think so too. I can't check on my car ATM and I forgot to make a backup of my config :|

cheers Dan.

It works !! :D Very happy now,managed too do a led test and sadly I don't have the cc led on my dashboard, I'm planning a replacement,fit a facelift version one and at the same time I want to active my trip computer..I'll read more info on this forum. Great forum,great people,cheers all of you.

6 hours ago, sergiuRoUK said:

cheers Dan.

It works !!

No problem, enjoy! I only got to learn about it thanks to the contributions of others on here.

does anybody know if its just D gem numbers that work mine looks to be B :(

17 minutes ago, djnunny said:

does anybody know if its just D gem numbers that work mine looks to be B :(

BB and BF have worked in the past, a BH had problems.

1 minute ago, igorsinkovec said:

BB and BF have worked in the past, a BH had problems.

well mine looks to be BC would i be wasting my time and money by just getting the stuff together and trying this??

Put together a mock button pad from cheap parts. Resistors are dirt cheap, so are switches. Don't quit before even trying :)

well further reason am looking is my steering wheel needs replacing anyway! so i thought why not look into adding CC if its possible lol i'll order a wheel i have the ELM device and can do the GEM check once its installed holding down the rear heater button and so on.

thank for this guide its worked for me :D just to confirm my GEM was BC.

hooked it up with the cable after getting the programs going. replaced the steering wheel to a 4 spoke with buttons.

activated in GEM & HEC luckily PCM was already on! :) 

not sure how important also i managed all this on Windows 10.

so all good in the hood cruising along.

• 1 month later...

So having read most of this mammoth Im going to seriously look at getting my CC back working .

when I say back working I have a mk2 ghia tdci, after a few  problems when I bought the car the cc worked at first then when i got the car back from the seller the cc failed to work .

So I think its just a case of reactivating using elmconfig.

I did try enquiring at my local ford dealership but they have never responded .

Anyone in the Manchester area have any luck doing this if so feel free to give me a shout please.

Regards Adam 

Adam, I'd test the wiring first using the heated rear windscreen test.
Press and hold the heated rear windscreen button whilst turning the key to position II then let go and it should beep. Every button press should then give a beep. This should narrow down whether your issue is hardware or software.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dan P said:

Adam, I'd test the wiring first using the heated rear windscreen test.
Press and hold the heated rear windscreen button whilst turning the key to position II then let go and it should beep. Every button press should then give a beep. This should narrow down whether your issue is hardware or software.

So I tested the wiring as you have described and the buttons all work and get a beep. 

Problem is how do you turn the testing off as I turned the ignition back to off and it still beeps.

Turning the car off and removing the key should turn off the test mode! If it doesn't then maybe you have bigger issues than just the cruise control.

So I have gone back to the car and the test mode is off so all is good on that front.

I regards to the CC buttons they all work , looks like this weekend im going to be on the hunt to get it all activated / re activated. 

Relieved to hear that! I wouldn't fancy being stuck with that beep going off every time I used the indicators or turned my wipers on!

• Like 1

You can deactivate the button test by repeating the process used to activate it.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!

I'm new here, been reading this forum for a few months now and in the process I gained a wealth of nifty knowledge on how to do stuff to my Focus. I wanted to throw my two cents in on the topic of retrofitting CC. If you're cheap like me, but lack the technical skills of fabricating and soldering new parts you can just buy CC buttons from eBay or Aliexpress for not that much money (little north of 22EUR) and with a little cutting and gluing attach them to your three spoke steering wheel. You can see the end result of my work. It does not look original by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think it's an eyesore, plus I did not have to source a four spoke steering wheel (I have never even seen a four spoke wheel covered in blue leather anyway).

20170830_133716.jpg

20170829_205333.jpg

20170829_205337.jpg

Can some one tell me how to find out what pcm type I have.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys so I've been trying this on and off for the last year, so I've got the steering wheel with the curse control, it works if you test the buttons with the beep, 

my car is a mk2.5 1.6 auto

i have a good elm cable and am using uptodate software 

i can activate in the gem but when I go to the pcm it comes up with this error 

what am I doing wrong 

IMG_6148.JPG

I got it working internet explorer wouldn't let me download the pcm files had to open chrome, then I could see three links, found my cars  serial number download installed to car, kept putting vid lock on dog! Eventually I re read it and put no I could then switch and save to gem if anyone has the vid lock memory thing I can help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm currently selling a 4 spoke steering wheel and air bag if anyone needs one? I'm looking for £60 + postage.

Let me know if interested.

Thanks for your time

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Well people ,love the info here.

Ordered the modified elm327 the other day from amazon and should arrive soon.

Only went to check the connections today and see that I'm missing the brown and white cables that go to pin 10 and 18. Typical!!!

From what I can see my module is BF so should be able to activate.

Checked under the pedals and there's switches but unsure if there correct . I've added pics of them can someone confirm there correct?

My plan was to run to cables from pin 10 and 18 and wire a cc switch myself and add it to the radio stalk meself.

And then activate it through elm config.

IMG_20180215_113134.jpg

IMG_20180215_113236.jpg

Let me know if the images are to crap.lol