• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Adam
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2007

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:29 AM

Activating CC in PCM order:
1. Reading firmware (to the file on your laptop)
2. Loading that firmware (from that file you've just created)
3. Checking appropriate option in PCM
4. Writing the firmware

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#602 igorsinkovec

igorsinkovec

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Name: Igor
  • Ford Model: Focus MkII Estate 2.0 TDCi 136
  • Year: 2006

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:10 PM

Thanks Igor, I'll check the ohm values using a multimeter. I have the Focus schematics file. I find it hard to believe that my PCM or its firmware doesn't support CC. Btw, the firmware inside my PCM is the newest version available for that type, dated late 2008. Cheers

Still, it could be 1.6 TDCi cars were never available with Cruise control. Can anyone confirm this?

#603 Milosh

Milosh

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Name: Milos
Contributor

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:22 PM

Activating CC in PCM order:
1. Reading firmware (to the file on your laptop)
2. Loading that firmware (from that file you've just created)
3. Checking appropriate option in PCM
4. Writing the firmware

Are you saying that these exact steps are necessary in order to activate Cruise Control in PCM?

Simple "tick the checkbox and write to PCM" isn't enough?

Igor, I doubt that, but I will try to get some information from people who own this engine.

I have checked the resistance and everything is correct, except that the SET+ and SET- buttons are wired (or placed) the wrong way around, but I don't mind that. The ON, OFF and RESUME buttons have correct resistance values, which should turn CC on and off...

#604 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 17,088 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: 2015 Focus ST3 250BHP
  • Year: 2015
Contributor

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:25 PM

I believe that the cc requires specific resistance parameters to function properly so having set+ & set- swapped may cause problems.

#605 igorsinkovec

igorsinkovec

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Name: Igor
  • Ford Model: Focus MkII Estate 2.0 TDCi 136
  • Year: 2006

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:44 PM

I believe that the cc requires specific resistance parameters to function properly so having set+ & set- swapped may cause problems.

I agree. The only way to absolutely eliminate the radio stalk as the possible cause is to make sure it's wired properly. Do you have any spare resistors lying around to make a temporary buttons assembly and test with that?

The procedure that @dyy outlined is what we all have done. The fact that you skipped a few steps is also a possible cause for your problem in my opinion, even if all logic defies it. I too ignored that before and I was probably wrong to. There could be something important that happens in the PCM during that procedure, for example it could force the PCM to accept a changed config whereas otherwise the PCM could ignore it. There is still a lot we don't know.

#606 Milosh

Milosh

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Name: Milos
Contributor

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:30 PM

I agree. The only way to absolutely eliminate the radio stalk as the possible cause is to make sure it's wired properly. Do you have any spare resistors lying around to make a temporary buttons assembly and test with that?

I totally agree about that last sentence of yours. I think that those two buttons being swapped can't make a difference, since the GEM does certain steps when it detects certain resistance values, and it certainly does get correct input values when ON, OFF and RESUME buttons are pressed, but it still does nothing.

The procedure that @dyy outlined is what we all have done. The fact that you skipped a few steps is also a possible cause for your problem in my opinion, even if all logic defies it. I too ignored that before and I was probably wrong to. There could be something important that happens in the PCM during that procedure, for example it could force 

the PCM to accept a changed config whereas otherwise the PCM could ignore it. There is still a lot we don't know.

If this is what all of you have done then I will try it tomorrow as well and we'll see. Thanks everyone for your help so far!

#607 dyy

dyy

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Adam

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:12 AM

Yes. It's not enough to just tick the option and write

Are you saying that these exact steps are necessary in order to activate Cruise Control in PCM?

Simple "tick the checkbox and write to PCM" isn't enough?

Igor, I doubt that, but I will try to get some information from people who own this engine.

I have checked the resistance and everything is correct, except that the SET+ and SET- buttons are wired (or placed) the wrong way around, but I don't mind that. The ON, OFF and RESUME buttons have correct resistance values, which should turn CC on and off...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users