Do Not Sell My Personal Information

07 Smax 2.0 Tdci Starting Woes

_Wayno

I've had my Smax for two years and the most annoying problem with it is inconsistant starting. My wife uses the car more than me and just recently its got more unreliable. It normally starts first time but seems to go through phases of needing three or more attempts to start. It doesn't matter if the weather is hot or cold. I have read earlier posts from Colin C, Gewitty, Getts 33, and Andi Edwards and was wondering if on reading this or anyone else with a similar problem could let me know if they found a cure for this irritating problem ! I would be most grateful. The glow light I notice only stays on for a milisecond on turning the ignition whereas on my last car (VW Passat) it stayed on much longer. I have put this down to it being a much newer engine unless anyone on here knows the exact time it should stay lit for? Any help on the above problem would be much appreciated !!

my glow plug light doesnt come on at all,well not that i notice anyway.

but she seems to start ok.

my glow plug light doesnt come on at all,well not that i notice anyway.

but she seems to start ok.

This problem has not resulted in calling out a breakdown sevice as yet but its nearly been the case. I would rather it just fail so the problem could be sorted once and for all. At the moment it just makes you late for work on occasion !

It's a common problem with the DMF (dual mass flywheel) clutch.

Most owners just live with it, as fixing it is expensive. Doesn't usually stop the car starting (eventually!).

Crank position sensor possibly ? Just a thought.....