Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide To Fitting Rear Parking Sensors Focus Mk2.5

Preee

GUIDE TO FITTING REAR PARKING SENSORS WITH WIRELESS LCD SCREEN TO A FORD FOCUS MK2.5- By Preee

Download PDF- printable copy

GUIDE TO FITTING REVERSING SENSORS TO FORD FOCUS MK2.pdf

The sensors were £27.99 and only took one day to arrive which was great , they are 4 rear sensors witha wireless LCD 3" screen that shows which side of the car and distance.

Thanks to Lenny for a small Tip which made these Sensors even easier to FIt , they are very very easy to fit to your Focus Mk2.5 due to the markings on the inside of the bumper guiding you where to drill so no measuring at all needed.

This guide i hope will help other's who want to retro fit reversing sensors to their Ford Focus Mk2.5

I like to Modify my car but more importantly i like to share my knowledge so other 's out there will be able to retro fit mods to thier own cars and no better way to do that than is to do a guide with pictures , step by step.

So this post is not a "This is what i have done , but i'm not telling you" .Its a full Guide.

p.s Sorry about writing across the pictures but some are taking our guides and using them on other forums and not giving any credit.

20120128165922.jpg

20120129135142.jpg

Guide is downloadable and printable

Enjoy

Regards

Preee. :)

• Like 5

Top Class Guide Pree,

this kit is a must buy item for anyone with a moondust silver focus, its unbelieveable how the colour of the sensors matches the bodywork on the car, and the holesaw for drilling comes supplied with the sensor kit too :o ,

its fantastic B)

Nice guide. Sensors match the colour of the car really good.

About 2 weeks ago I have fitted parking sensors to my estate and must admit it is very easy. No need to remove bumper etc. As I did not want any additional displays in front / on dash I bought again Valeo kit with rear mounted display (under the roof). It is very comfortable to use, you can observe it either in rear view mirror or directly when looking back while reversing.

Thanks guys , i enjoyed fitting them and also doing the guide.

When i was searching for sensors there were some a lot cheaper but they all had the crescent shape display , problem being i too did not want to fit it too the dash board and you can't turn the one's off eBay upside down to fit to the roof lining as the read out would also be upside down.

some had large screens , and some with cameras built in ,all very cheap , but the screens were too big and again not wanting to fit them on the Dash.

This one suits me fine and small enough screen out of the way .

Pidu good idea putting it in the back .

Pidu good idea putting it in the back .

I used this kind of system in a company car, then bought it for my private one and now again. It is offered by Valeo, Steel Mate and many other manufacturers. My display does not show the distance as a number, only sound and led bars indicating the side and distance to the obstacle.

Honestly speaking parking sensors display is a gadget, the sound "beep - beep" is enough for every day use. But I like it and wanted to have it ;)

I was offered it when i brought the car last year but was not willing to pay £125 , Amazed really why it did not come as standard on the Titanium , its only standard on the Sport.

I would have got the crescent type bars , if the read out could have been turned upside down

I was offered it when i brought the car last year but was not willing to pay £125 ,

I guess nobody would like to pay such amount, way to much.

When I look at the pictures I must admit you did a good job fitting your display.

When I look at the pictures I must admit you did a good job fitting your display.

Thanks Pidu , i'm happy with the position of the display

Very nicely done.

Was thinking of this system myself.

No drilling at all and simples.

http://www.caraudioc...afe_p-27381.htm

Cheers Stoney.

they look a good idea if you don't want to do any drilling

Outstanding guide Preee, thanks for writing & posting.

I was wondering if you (or anybody else) could answer two questions:

1. Can the parking sensors be used without the LCD screen i.e. just the audio beeping?

2. Does the Mk2 (not Mk 2.5) also have the circles inside the rear bumper for use as a template?

1. Can the parking sensors be used without the LCD screen i.e. just the audio beeping?

Yes, you can use parking sensors without any display. Simply buy a set with beeper only. It will be cheaper as well.

When ford fit sensors to a MK2 they place them in the black protection strip above the bumper.

This bit here (other side of course)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK3-REAR-BOOT-TRIM-PANEL-BLACK-HATCHBACK-55-08-FREE-POSTAGE-/190629230864?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c62633910

Thanks for the replies guys, found the beeper-only kit for £13 on eBay. Definitely something to think about fitting.

can you link to the beeper kit?

Item no. 330340144598 but there's loads of similar ones on there.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet again, a super guide Preee. I want to do these but i'd like to do front sensors too. I like the lcd above the mirror so does anyone know if these are available with front and rear sensors? Also, are the front bumpers marked like the rear for placement?

not sure about the front and rear sensors, but best way to find out about the circles marked on the inside of the bumper will be to stick your head under and have a look, id imagen they would be in similar positions as the rear ones if there are any...

yet i dont remember ford advertising for all round sensors, only reverse parking sensors...

Thank you Paul

There are some up to 8 sensors models on eBay with an LCD screen similar to mine not sure of the size of it though . I have searched the Cisbo model i have ,and although the screen does depict that it could work with front sensors i have not found my model with the extra sensors.

As for seeing if there is any markings on the front bumper , you will probably have to remove the front head lights to see the back of the bumper, as there are panels underneath

*EDIT*

Found these on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-sensors-Parking-Reversing-display/dp/B005EWRQZG/ref=sr_1_57?ie=UTF8&qid=1328903145&sr=8-57

cheers Preee. I decided to just go for the rear sensors in the end. Ordered the same as you got. I forgot to send a note stating which colour i wanted, doh! Luckily they sent gloss black thankfully. If its dry this weekend i will have a go at fitting them along with my pedals. Then i'm just waiting for my illuminated ignition barrel to arrive from HK.

lol Lucky with the colour then , take some pics for us , are you fitting the display in the same place?

I decided to run a Ign live wire from the back of the radio up the pillar and to the LCD in the end as the curtesy power remains on , although the screen onlt triggers when you select reverse i did not want to keep a perm live to it incase of battery drain.

Yeah, i'm planning on fitting it in the same place. Good idea on the cable from radio mate. Can you tell me which one i need to tap into?

I will take some pics, as i never did any of the leds in the door handles either. Just hope its not raining like it is now.... :(

Good question i did not take note of it , i think it was green/black , if you have a tester it was the only one i could find that was switched live with IGN

Well, the rain gave way to sun this afternoon so i set about doing them. Had to take shelter indoors a couple of times due to heavy hail! Good excuse for a brew though lol. I've decided that instead of making life easier scotchlocks are the devils spawn. Could just be the ones i've got though i suppose.

Anyway, all fitted and working great now. Didn't use the radio wire at the moment but when i do something else around there i will use it. No pictures yet either as it started hailing and snowing while i was finishing fitting the screen. Will definately do some tomorrow afternoon weather permitting.

Thanks again for the guide Preee. Made doing these much simpler. In fact i wouldn't have tackled them without it. :)

thats great Paul , glad you found the guide usefull , looking forward to the pics, do the sensors colour match ok?