Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide To Fitting Rear Parking Sensors Focus Mk2.5

Preee

Nice work sonic

Thanks guys,

thats my first mod to the focus so looking to see what else I can do. Also when I what to ask a question or start a topic where do I post messages? I don't want to keep posting stuff here in this section as it probably won't be related to parking sensors anymore since I have finished with them.

If you need to start a new topic, as long as it's in the correct section fill yer boots mate.

• 2 months later...

I'm stuck on wiring the LCD into the courtesy light positive feed. No idea which of these two cables is the positive:

20131007_181808_zpscdb3d567.jpg

20131007_181918_zps8451bfaa.jpg

Ben,

Providing your car is a Mk2/Mk2.5 Focus then the following is correct :-

• Black/Blue = Permanent Ground (-ve).
  • Black/Yellow = Ground from PJB trigged by door switches or door modules.
  • Orange/Blue = +ve 12v from battery saver relay (fed from fuse F104 10A),
    i.e. there will be no voltage after the basttery saver timeout period has expired.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great Guide Preee,

This was my first modification, and having your guide made it a 20 minute job, much faster than when I installed them to the Galaxy. no need to mark up or even remove the bumper. that was so easy. the only thing i have found is my car is Avalon in colour, they don't make them in this colour as standard so brought silver ones. don't look too bad but i'm thinking of re-painting them, any suggestions on hows the best way of going about that?

Great Guide Preee,

This was my first modification, and having your guide made it a 20 minute job, much faster than when I installed them to the Galaxy. no need to mark up or even remove the bumper. that was so easy. the only thing i have found is my car is Avalon in colour, they don't make them in this colour as standard so brought silver ones. don't look too bad but i'm thinking of re-painting them, any suggestions on hows the best way of going about that?

I had the same issue with mine. Bought sea grey coloured sensors. Couldn't me more unlike Sea Grey if they tried.

Spraying them is simple, get a Ford Colour Coded spray paint for your car and follow the great advice I got from Pree & Dezwez:

When you spray the sensors drill four holes in some cardboard, push the sensors into the cardboard, and lightly spray a couple of coats let it dry and then a light coat of laquer , don't over do it, spray from above , as you want to avoid, getting any paint inside of the gap of the sensors.

I personally let the paint harden for a week, before I washed it, and they've turned out quite nice.

Hi Carlos

As Hyrule has stated it's easy to spray them , you just have to mist the spray over them in at lease two coats letting it dry between coats. too much spray will stop the sensors from working properly so avoid getting paint inside the sensor gap.

to be honest a light sanding with wet - wet and dry (about 2000 grit) and then just prime them and spray them. as long as you dont layer too many coats on it that you block the signal then there is no reason that you shouldn't be able to spray it and jave it fully functional in the colour you want.

Damn, I typed this reply about 10 minutes after you sent the question and its taken me this long to press post! lol good to see the guys got in there first!

Cheers for all the great advice, I will be painting them just need to build up the nerve to attack them.

I cant seem to find a step by step guide for painting them, just really worried that I will make them useless by over doing it.

cheers again for all your help guys

Cheers for all the great advice, I will be painting them just need to build up the nerve to attack them.

I cant seem to find a step by step guide for painting them, just really worried that I will make them useless by over doing it.

cheers again for all your help guys

I'll see if I can russle up a guide at some point but in the meantime I hope the below helps.

Ah don't worry I was thinking the same thing but its surprisingly easy. Ideally do it on a non windy day, which judging by the last couple of days weather might be a harder than it sounds. :D

Firstly grab some gloves you don't mind getting paint on. If you bought the sensor that Pree has in his guide, then grab the drill tool that comes supplied.

Get some cardboard, use the drill tool to mark holes in the cardboard. With a bit of pressure you can cut through the cardboard with the drill tool to make an accurate sized hole. Try to make the hole(s) near to the edge of the cardboard, say 3-4cm from the edge. Then take some scissors and cut a straight horizontal line towards the hole you made with the drill tool. This is to feed the sensor towards the hole and allow the cable to fit through.

Push the sensor into the hole, pulling gently at the back for a snug fit. Take your spray can and holding it facing downwards towards the sensor, lightly spray a coat. Then wait 10-15mins

Then spray another coat. Then wait 10-15mins

Then spray the lacquer clear coat.

Repeat for the remaining sensors.

I let the paint harden for a week before I washed the car again.

If you find some paint has found its way into the grooves, don't panic, you can use a pin to go around in a circular motion to remove any excess paint. I have some paint which worked its way into the grooves on mine, but it hasn't affected the ultrasonics in anyway and I didn't bother to remove it as its hardly noticeable.

Any other questions feel free to PM me.

• 5 months later...

HELP, hi, I brought a set of flush fitting reversing sensors for my facelift focus convertible 58 plate, but when I open the box there was no hole saw, no problem really because I got quite a few different size ones, But the instruction state I should use a cutter first to cut a recess in the bumper & then use a hole saw to drill the hole, only problem is, I don't have a cutter for that first cut, does anybody know where I might get one, Thanks Brian.

Just push a guide hole/recess with a screwdriver its in the guide i think

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Ford OC mobile app

Hi, thanks for reply, but you lost me with your reply, what this about a screwdriver, & what guide would I be looking for, sorry if this seem a bit lame, but new to this sort of thing. Thanks Brian

on the first post on this thread theres a pdf file telling you everything you need to know

Hi thanks for info, but this file only shows using a normal hole saw to cut the hole in the bumper, but the sensors I have from xvision are flush fitting & need a small recess cut in the face of the bumper & then using a smaller hole saw, you cut the main hole thus allowing the sensor to fit flush with the bumper face, if you get my meaning, will try & photo the instruction sheet to show what I mean. Ta

Hi thanks for info, but this file only shows using a normal hole saw to cut the hole in the bumper, but the sensors I have from xvision are flush fitting & need a small recess cut in the face of the bumper & then using a smaller hole saw, you cut the main hole thus allowing the sensor to fit flush with the bumper face, if you get my meaning, will try & photo the instruction sheet to show what I mean. Ta

I would complain and get them to send you the correct drill , rather than take a risk of messing up your bumper.

• 1 month later...

brilliant guide and the little rubber grommet in the boot is also in the 2009 C Max boot ;) Can't see if the circles on the bumper are there or not yet will have a closer look tomorrow.

For anyone who cares to know, on the Mondeo MK4, you have more of a plastic / rubber combination grommet, I drilled a hole through this grommet and find the lines through.

Also a word of advice, if you have a diffuser with gaps as is on the Mondeo MK4, get yourself some silicone sealant, rub the sillicone sealant into the channel where you are going to run the wires, hold the wires against this for a few minutes as it dries, and then as it becomes tacky leave it alone for a few hours.

Then, when done, go back and apply sillicone sealant over the top of the wires and do the same.

I did this and it secured the wires nicely out of the way and works really well :) this can be done with any bumper, as long as you can wipe down and clean most of the underside where you are applying the wires to.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers, mate, perfect guide, have to say hacking four holes in to the rear bumper got the heart going for a min but after the first one went in perfect it was a doddle and exactly as you described, only difference was I didn't need to remove the full plastic side panel, just loosened it up and was able to remove the side fabric panel without any bother, may have even found a couple of the annoying noises I keep hearing,

Found something intresting though, seemed the previous owner may have had something on previously as there was some evidence of wiring running about and spliced wires, curious to what it was because it looked like the break lights / indicators and tail lights were all tapped in to at some point... anywho rear sensors work a treat and look the business, £16 well spent.

I suspect with that description of tapping in, they had a towbar and an electrics relay for the trailer.

aye, it must have been, would have been nice if they bothered to tape up the exposed wires though

did they solder them in? you could just remove the exposed wires, and the best thing I could recommend is to get some emalgamating tape and just wrap the exposed part of the wire in it.

yeah, I tapped them up, blind luck it didn't start shorting out on things as they weren't secured in any way, think ill check the other side out too, maybe look for more noises whilst im there and pop in a spare 12v socket for good measure.