Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

The Mk3 with Park Assist , yes also has front parking sensors , If you select reverse , the front automatically come on as well and remain on for a set ammount of time after you take it out of reverse , and yes they are very handy to have.

Only difference with fitting the Front to the rear, would be no guide holes i guess , but fitting it via a switch would allow you to use them when required.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#152 sonic113

sonic113

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Zetec

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Name: Sonic
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk2.5
  • Year: 2009

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

Thanks Paul. I will order the rear set with display and use your guide to install first. Then later on in time I might order a basic set with the buzzer for the front and add a switch to them but only if I really need them. I will see how I get on with the reverse ones first.
Thanks again.

#153 sonic113

sonic113

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Zetec

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

OK just ordered the sensors from eBay. I got the cisbo rear led display ones in silver. Hopefully they will be as good of color match as the ones in preees guide my focus is moondust silver so fingers crossed. Hate the thought of drilling a perfect bumper but hopefully all goes well. Should be here by mid week so I'm counting down low! Any one with the silver focus in 5 door have scuff plates that blend in with color or can recommend any cheap but decent ones? I was thinking they wud be a good option especially with the kids jumping in and out.

#154 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,279 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

Look for Richbrook ones on eBay.

I have stainless ones on mine and they look smart.

#155 sonic113

sonic113

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Zetec

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

Thanks for reply Clive. I will look out for them. Have you any pictures of them on your focus?

#156 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,279 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:06 AM

I'll chuck a couple up when I'm at my PC.

#157 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,279 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

#158 sonic113

sonic113

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Zetec

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

Cheers for pics Clive. Yeah they look tidy and blend well. I will pick a set up in the coming weeks. Have you modified much on your focus?

#159 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,279 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

If you look at my signature picture you'll see a list of my mods so far.

#160 sonic113

sonic113

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Zetec

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

I was thinking of wiring the sensors in to car using the electrical blocks that be used in the house for ceiling lights as my soldering iron is broke and I'm not a big fan of the scotch locks as some tend to come loose over time and don't connect The best with fine wires. Would these blocks be OK to use if connected and taped up?

#161 GSM

GSM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Name: Garrie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 (100PS)
  • Year: 2006

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

I was thinking of wiring the sensors in to car using the electrical blocks that be used in the house for ceiling lights as my soldering iron is broke and I'm not a big fan of the scotch locks as some tend to come loose over time and don't connect The best with fine wires. Would these blocks be OK to use if connected and taped up?

My recommendation for in-car wiring is a crimping tool with connectors. No skill required and not messy or dangerous (as with soldering), not unreliable like scotch locks.

http://www.maplin.co...ctors-set-44094

#162 sonic113

sonic113

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Zetec

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

OK my sensors arrived today and I'm think they look good. Everything seems OK upon a test setup before I install only problem was the color profile on display is yellow and red and I really wanted the green yellow and red but upon contacting seller they said they only have the yellow red profiles and they can't control the color of the displays it the manufacturer that changes them from time to time.

So upon that little bump I think I might keep the yellow red display as returning would mean paying postage for the sake of 2 green LEDs in display. On a positive the sensor color is spot on for moondust silver focus. One thing though I got 4 washer looking rings maybe for angle adjustment not sure what these are. Does anyone know what they are and do I need them on the focus bumper? I can't recall prees guide mentioning these. Also preees has listed a inline fuse but the sensor power lead just has red /black wire with no fuse. Do I just wire directly to reverse power and negative then with no fuse needed? I don't recall pree mentioning a fuse in the wiring section of the guide but I think he lists it at the start in a contents section.

#163 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,107 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
Contributor

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

It is the angle adjustment, I put them on mine and then rotated them until I got a flat 90 degree finish on the sensor.

As for the wiring - yup, just connect the positive to the reverse wire, and the negative to the earth point in the corner of the boot nearest the lights. I dont have a fuse on mine either, but the power it draws is minimal and very few of the cheaper kits have the fuse. You can wire an inline fuse if you wish, but IMHO its unnecessary :)

I would suggest get yourself some BUTT connectors, put the cables in each end and then crimp. Job done!

#164 sonic113

sonic113

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Zetec

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

Thanks for reply James. Do you have any links to the connectors I need? I was looking at a crimping set from halfords today but wasn't sure if the connectors that came with it where Gona do my job

#165 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

I fit an inline fuse to everything electrical i fit , habit i guess. As Jeebo stated the rings are for angles if the bumper was curved , i never used them.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users