Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is This Cable?

Stoney871

I was fishing around behind my glove box just in case i had an aux cable hiding away unconnected and found a cable taped up out of the way.

I thought "oh good, there's one after all" but after untaping it i found it was something else altogether.

Just curious what it is - i was thinking it may be a cable for running on to a CD changer .

Can anyone confirm this or shed light on what it may be?

Cables are black, orange/black and white/black.

cables1.jpg

cables4.jpg

cables5.jpg

Maybe air bag switch ? wire or do you already have a switch

If it's coming out of the glove box, my best guess would be it's the CD changer wire. But looking at the pictures, it doesn't really resemble one.. :/

Maybe air bag switch ? wire or do you already have a switch

It is taped up to the loom which comes down from behind the dash towards the passenger airbag.

It doesn't go back into the rear of the dash if you get what i mean.

I know it is nothing like the connector on the aux socket end of an aux patch cable.

I think you could be right and it may be the cable to deactivate the passenger airbag.

i don't have a deactivation switch fitted.

my guess is its for an air-bag de-activation switch which is or can be fitted in the front of the glovebox compartment, you will see a circular slot that looks like it would take a 12v socket, that is the position for the air-bag de-activation switch that allows you to switch off the passenger air-bag when your missus is in the passenger seat ;)

it is a red and black circular unit that you put the end of your key in to and turn it 25degrees to either on or off position. mostly saw on the mk2 models but very rare on the mk2.5 models although the pre-cut hole with cap is still in place on all models ranging from 2005-2010 close to the aux port.

air-bag de-activation switch that allows you to switch off the passenger air-bag when your missus is in the passenger seat ;)

Lmao Lenny too funny :lol:

my guess is its for an air-bag de-activation switch which is or can be fitted in the front of the glovebox compartment, you will see a circular slot that looks like it would take a 12v socket, that is the position for the air-bag de-activation switch that allows you to switch off the passenger air-bag when your missus is in the passenger seat ;)

it is a red and black circular unit that you put the end of your key in to and turn it 25degrees to either on or off position. mostly saw on the mk2 models but very rare on the mk2.5 models although the pre-cut hole with cap is still in place on all models ranging from 2005-2010 close to the aux port.

You mean like this one?

140.jpg

This one is on eBay listed for a Galaxy but would it fit a Focus too do you think?

Handy for when the missus gets naggy. :unsure:

You mean like this one?

140.jpg

This one is on eBay listed for a Galaxy but would it fit a Focus too do you think?

Handy for when the missus gets naggy. :unsure:

Thats the one mate, and yes it will fit the focus, chances are the Galaxy has the same glovebox insert as the focus, but either way the switch is a standard size. :)

They probably fit , you also get a de-activation light that inserts next to the demister buttons.

But not sure if it has to be activated like every thing else on the focus.

i brought a Switch for the ESP like on the ST , as the wiring was there , and nope it did not work , and on top of that Ford flatly refused to engage it.

No idea why Ford in thier wisdom did not fit the switches , i guess its another money gain From owners with Children that want to use a child seat in the front

Do not forget it requires activation, it is not simple "plug & play". So unless you have a small kid and really need it I do not think it is worth spending money.

Do not forget it requires activation, it is not simple "plug & play".

i thought sure this item would be plug and play mate, since its just 3 cables perhaps if i bring the missus in to ford they may activate it for free.

Do not forget it requires activation, it is not simple "plug & play".

!Removed! typical.

Looks like i'll just have to get the spouse mounted mute switch instead. ^_^

i thought sure this item would be plug and play mate, since its just 3 cables perhaps if i bring the missus in to ford they may activate it for free.

LMFAO

LMFAO

Exactly.

I would say it will be about 40 quid If you don't have any extra discounts.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club