Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Fog Lights

mikesrob

tp://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1797wt_1187

Hi, (sorry posted this on guides forum as well, dont know how to remove it )

This is a great forum,loads of advice and Ideas to individualise your focus here, I have converted the rearfog lights of my focus mk2.5 to the clear lens a la Lennys guide, looks much better than the old red lens, but I bought an ordinary red bulb ( I think off a link on this site ) but the colour is showing a pinkish hue, probably wont pass the mot with this. I know Lenny has a link to the cree bulb on his guide for about £26.00, but I was trying to get something cheaper.I have seen this bulb on E BAY,( hope the link works, not very good with computers !! ) in case the link does not work, Cree 382/p21w/5w/Q5 led bulb for £12.99 + £ 0.99 pp, but will it work on my 08 focus??, can anyone advice me on this, if it will not work does anyone know of a bulb that will give a true red colour and work on the focus? or will I have to buy the one on Lennys link?. Thanks in advance Mike.

hi mate,

welcome to the forum for starters!!

ok i have done the same upgrade, changing the red fog light for the clear lens fog light, but mine was supplied with a red bulb, which is ok but its should really stand out so i oppted for the cree Q5 rear fog light bulb

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280814193204

which will fit perfectly in your fog light a works an absolute treat!!! believe me you wont be dissapointed!! i will be taking some pictures later today i you can wait i will post them on here later for you but if you would take my word for it id say get it...

hope this helps, and if you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to ask :D

Hi Aaron, these are the ones I was looking at, will order them now,thanks mate,

here you go mate, as promised

DSC_0327.jpgDSC_0326.jpgthese pics give you an idea of the strength, but seen as you have ordered it i will let the bulb do the talking lol

Thanks for the pics, looks great, much better than my red bulb, cant wait for mine to arrive now.

cree bulb arrived and fitted to fog lamp, brilliant light, well pleased with the result.Mike.

• 1 year later...

ive just received one from here :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK2-3-EURO-STYLE-LEFT-HAND-DRIVE-CLEAR-REAR-BUMPER-FOG-LIGHT-ST2-3-RS-/270959742090?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AFocus&hash=item3f16758c8a

ive just fitted it and the lens looks darker than the original ? has anyone else had this problem, ive contacted the seller and asked if they have had any problems with them and they have said not ?

help required please

Does it have the Ford logo on it?

Might it be a non OEM part?

There should be a Ford logo and some numbers somewhere on the light, either on the back of the unit or on the front of the clear part.

There should be a Ford logo and some numbers somewhere on the light, either on the back of the unit or on the front of the clear part.

it isnt a genuine ford unit. hence the price

i got my prefacelift none genuine unit from the same seller

cant say that its darker than the original though. looks just right to me

got my fog bulb from here i think

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-Q5-382-LED-1156-RED-HIGH-POWER-FOG-BRAKE-STOP-REAR-BULB-380-LUMENS-/330684634072?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cfe5713d8

oh and to the op saying his original red fog bulb not passing the mot, correct me if i'm wrong but it cant fail the mot as the fog lights cant be tested as part of the mot?

fog lights are optional and therefor not mandatory and wont be looked at during mot

same reason how cree fog lights are technically illegal but you'll sail through the mot with em fitted as they cant be tested

Rear fog lights are mandatory so would be part of the Mot, just the front ones aren't tested.

Here is pic of new unit next to original one

and showing that its darker

anyone had the same ?

cheerspost-42040-0-62422000-1365237491.jpg

As above rear fogs are tested

i stand corrected :P

didnt even know rear fogs was mandatory i just thought fogs as a whole was optional

• Like 1

Here is pic of new unit next to original one

and showing that its darker

anyone had the same ?

cheersattachicon.gifmail.jpg

The one on the ground is a replica clear unit from china,

Can be bought for 8 pounds on taobao, I used to buy them for that price and sell em on eBay as non genuine fog units for 15

You will notice if you take a picture of them at night,

The red strip doesn't reflect as good as the original unit from ford.

You will notice if you take a picture of them at night,

The red strip doesn't reflect as good as the original unit from ford.

was the first thing i noticed when i got my none genuine unit werent it mate

you can see it in daylight if you take a photo of the unit in daylight with the flash turned on your camera

the genuine units reflector will appear illuminated but the none genuine wont

put photos of my findings on the guide. i wasnt really that fussed at the time though as it saved about 15quid n i was just gonna butcher a big hole in the back of it anyway lool

Mine was an original from Allen Ford via eBay.

Even came with a red bulb which was rubbish and more pink tbh.

Replaced sharpish with a red Cree.

• Like 1

Stoney871 - don't suppose you have a link ?

That's the fellers.

That part direct from a Ford dealer is about £35 + Vat.