Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Davidkent

Warning Light Comes On..

10 posts in this topic

Hey all.

Got a 56 1.8 TDCi focus here.

For some reason, after 140 ish miles the red cog ! Warning light comes on, more or less without fail and the car loses a touch Of power.

This distance is slowly becoming lesser and lesser distances and the car started a little lumpy this m

you will need to have the codes read then post them here for help

This is half a duplicate, my

This is half a duplicate, my Other post says more my phone is being a !Removed!, but that's next up

Do you have a DPF if so then start looking to trade it in unless you want to spend big bucks , because it sounds as if your car is going into Limp home mode.

How many Miles have you done

Does it have a DPF

If yes when was the Eloys topped up

It doesn't seem to go into limp mode, usually does it after 140 miles but was 30 miles today, switched off for 5 mins and back on and 100 miles on, no problem at all.

How can I find out whether or not a DPF is fitted?

It's very intermittent, we fitted a new fuel

It doesn't seem to go into limp mode, usually does it after 140 miles but was 30 miles today, switched off for 5 mins and back on and 100 miles on, no problem at all.

How can I find out whether or not a DPF is fitted?

It's very intermittent, we fitted a new fuel Pump last week (electronic one in tank) as it was fuel related when lower on fuel, one problem sorted and now this one,

Cheers

Isn't the 'red cog' the red snowflake symbol due to the cold temperatures ?? :wacko:

Nah glow plug system

Glow plugs or coil pack then?