Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Pressures - 195X45R16

colin79666

I've had my car a week and half so today it was time to give it a light wash, check the fluid levels and tyre pressures.

All OK except the tyre pressures which didn't match the door frame sticker or the handbook. Fine I though, I'll let some air out to match what the handbook states and then I noticed that the handbook and the sticker on the passenger side door frame differ...

The handbook says 2.2 bar at the front and 1.8 bar at the rear. The door frame states 2.1 bar at the front and 1.8 at the rear (both based on speeds up to 100mph with no heavy loads). Now I realise 0.1 bar (1.45 psi) is next to no difference but I like being pedantic ;)

Should I go by the sticker or the handbook? In addition 1.8 at the rear seems pretty low, though at least the handbook and the sticker agreed on that one!

Recommended pressure for a Mk2 / 2.5 focus is approx 31 psi so 2.1 -2.2 bar is correct.

I just whack 31psi into front and rear and all fine with me.

Most cars under normal circumstances and you can't go far wrong with 2.1 all round.

You can fuss around trying to match manufacturer specs but with varying ambient temps to worry about and most gauges having some inaccuracy means you're probably going to be 0.1 or 0.2 out most of the time anyway.

The door sticker is correct, Ford changed the recommended to 2.1 in August 2009 (maybe the handbook was printed before then?)

I like how I have't even checked my tyre pressures yet... Bought the car in September as well. Oops.

The door sticker is correct, Ford changed the recommended to 2.1 in August 2009 (maybe the handbook was printed before then?)

Thanks. Odd how the handbook seems to be out of date. It also has the trip screen on the dash having 3 lines rather than 2.

It's says 31 psi in my handbook but the tyres still look a bit flat to me but that's what it says so it must be right

Thanks. Odd how the handbook seems to be out of date. It also has the trip screen on the dash having 3 lines rather than 2.

You have the old 2008 version of the handbook.

They revised it in 2010 when they brought in the DPF diesel engine,the Titanium Sony radio, the reversing camera and the 2 line display.

I have a PDF of the 2010 manual if you want it (33 meg tho, have to transfer using skydrive or summat)

Thanks for the offer orcomma but I don't think I'll need it.

I've looked at the handbook again and it has 2 lines for the trip screen so I'm not sure where I saw 3 lines. Anyway it definitely says 2.2 bar for the front tyres and the copyright date is 2011 so it looks like I have a new manual. Not to worry, set the tyres to 2.15 bar :P As said above the pressure could be out a bit due to changes in temperature and accuracy of measuring equipment anyway.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club