Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re-Align Wing Mirrors For 2005 Focus Titanium 1.8Tdci Etc...

lucky162k

Hi Gents & Ladies,

This weekend I managed to seal a deal for a 2005 Focus Titanium Diesel 1.8TDci, class and love the ride.

Now being a Novice on this car and managed to buy the Haynes book to start with I need to understand a few things on the car:

1) Is this model the mk 2 or mk 2.5?

2) I have a problem on the wing mirrors as they seem offset and can't incline them inwards as the mirror motor doesn't go that far so thought you guys might have a guide to re-allign the wing mirrors?

3) On one of the mirrors I have a small lense mirror mounted on, and just wondering if you know a safe way to take it off without breaking the wing mirror?

4) Been told the car has the optional cruise control but I can't find it in the car? any help on that....

Thank you in advance and appreciate any help you could offer.

Cheers...

Hi Gents & Ladies,

This weekend I managed to seal a deal for a 2005 Focus Titanium Diesel 1.8TDci, class and love the ride.

Now being a Novice on this car and managed to buy the Haynes book to start with I need to understand a few things on the car:

1) Is this model the mk 2 or mk 2.5?

Hi,

Yours is the MK2, this model ran from late 2005 to 2008

2) I have a problem on the wing mirrors as they seem offset and can't incline them inwards as the mirror motor doesn't go that far so thought you guys might have a guide to re-allign the wing mirrors?

I had this on mine and i just tilted the glass in as far as the motor would move it and very gently pushed the inner edge it clicked a couple of times and got slightly better adjustment - doesn't always work but may for you - the mirrors adjust on small plastic screws and sometimes when adjusted out too far can run off their adjusters and push out of alignment. Another option is to gently hold the inner edge of the mirror in while activating the motor to tilt it out (might click a couple of times)

3) On one of the mirrors I have a small lense mirror mounted on, and just wondering if you know a safe way to take it off without breaking the wing mirror?

I assume you mean a blind spot mirror? they're only stuck on with sticky tabs, either hold the mirror steady and peel gently or if it's stuck fast then a light solvent (WD40 or white spirit may help)

4) Been told the car has the optional cruise control but I can't find it in the car? any help on that....

There's plenty of threads on this forum concerning cruise control, people with far better knowledge on this will i'm sure be happy to advise on that.

Most ford's have cruise capability but not necessarily the bits to make it work, i have read it involves different steering wheels / looms and reprogramming of the ECU.

Thank you in advance and appreciate any help you could offer.

Cheers...

Welcome mate

Thanks Clive, really appreciate your help... I'll give it a go and post a reply later.

Yes I meant blind spot mirror... couldn't find the right terms.

Another concern is that when is raining, it's really hard to use the wing mirrors as they hold the water. Is there any function in the car that could help this issue?

Cheers...

If your car has cruise control you should easily see CC buttons on the steering wheel.

14.jpg

Small photo but you will see CC buttons on the left and right side of the steering wheel between the spokes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club