• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Z3 MON

• plumbob

• Stoney871

• turbine

At the end of the day its most likely going to need the software update and as ford charge alot per hour in my opinion its best to get your first diagnostic done at fords. two birds one stone, you know what i meen ;)

Only for the first minute on start up, although I think that broken .lead might have a lot to do with.

Our symptoms are not the same as the ECU update.

Plumbob, only just seen ur video, mine sounds identical, I'd call it pinging rather than a buzz....this may sound silly but what does pinking sound like

Plumbob, only just seen ur video, mine sounds identical, I'd call it pining rather than a buzz....this may sound silly but what does pinking sound like

Z3 thats not pinking, mate.

Mine sounds just the same as Z3's. Fuel pressure is oscillating, rhythmic whining from injectors when the fuel pressure goes high.

Since July 11 I have done or paid for:

fuel filter x 3

air filter

EGR and manifold cleaned

cam sensor

crank sensor

MAF sensor

Turbo & actuator checked out

MAP sensor cleaned

EGR blanked

EGR vacuum solenoid replaced

Inlet metering valve replaced

injectors refurbished and recoded

A tidy sum for nil fix - and no codes recorded....

I guess next up is ECU reprogram when I recover financially from the above and my house move.

Until then, I'm watching this post with great interest.

Instead of getting the ECU updated, may aswell get it mapped lol

Instead of getting the ECU updated, may as well get it mapped lol

Interesting, I am certain it was re-mapped b4 I bought it, because it is noticeably quicker than my mate's Jag D.

Clutching at straws on this chugging, do you know if yours has been remapped?

Would an ECU upgrade by Jag overwrite the remap, restoring factory settings?

Me too mate, have you checked your electrical connections on the injectors to make sure there not lose, dirty or broken.

The ECU updates basically adjust the parameters to a new super safe mode by Ford.

A remap alters the parameters also, just for a different reason, parameters would be different to Ford.

So conclusion is that a reap should sort the issue if the issue is ECU related.

A ford ECU update would wipe some or all of a map.

Dave

ive noticed that mine does not have a maf sensor, is this right?

any1 tried changing the pressure sensors etc on their fuel pump?

adam

No not yet, next on the long list lol

ive noticed that mine does not have a maf sensor, is this right?

ehh? that doesn't sound right. Do you have the connection for one or is that missing aswell.

What i mean in regards to the software update is not that it will necessarily fix the problem but that it should help the car to run smoother, when i spoke to the ford (brainless monkey) service man i asked him about the software update to which he replied "when the car is connected to the diagnostics the mechanics will check for any PCM updates" so hopefully the issue should be found aswell as having your software updated as a bonus feature.

For me its a case of tomorrow i should know more.

Have a look at this link on Ford wiki. Don't think your motor would be running without one if the description of what it does is correct. .fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=MAF_(Mass_Air_Flow)_Sensor_Clean_130_TDCI

I know but where the Maf goes on the airbox, mines just banked off. Mine is the 115 of that helps, havnt seen Amy wiring for it

:blink: there is something wrong about that, mine is a 115 and it still has it, hell the wifes 206 and my astravan both have them and they are 52 reg cars so why yours is missing is a complete mystery.

Check our the following link. Early 115's don't have them according to this thread.

ww.talkford.com/topic/134400-where-is-maf-sensor-on-03-115-tdci/

Mines not an early 115 its a 04 plate. Could it be that at some point the air box has been swapped over ?? Ie it could have had an after market one and then they have replaced it with the wrong one when they sold it on???

ok read that thread Simon posted and as mines a euro 3 it wont have a maf lol... that rules that out then

just had mine in at fords and plugged in and i was told my third injector is playing up, and this is causing the glowplug light to flas only when my car hits third gear (car is auto) at about 2-3ooo rpm and only sometimes!!!! but has a rough idle.

light will only come on somtimes, i coukd be driving it hard for a good 10mins before it comes on, and other times it will come on within the first coupkle of mins (3rd gear between 2k and 3k)

See mine is very consistent where as yours is random

Forgot to mention that when I banked the egr I noticed some fresh oil on the pipes that goes into the egr from intercooler, it had gone onto the lower bolt on the metal pipe into the egr

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club