#1 johnboy11

johnboy11

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: john
  • Ford Model: c-max
  • Year: 2004

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hi ive a 04 c-max 1.6 tdci non start.Turn key ignition lights all come on immobiliser light starts flashing and it says engine system fault.Wont let me in with a scanner checked all fuses .Any ideas?.Thanks for any help

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 cdk6468

cdk6468

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: ford Focus
Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hi,

This sounds like an identical problem I had twice with my 2004 1.6 TDCI and it turned out to be a wiring problem with the loom which went into the ECU, (thats what the garage told and charged me for ) and its been fine ever since. Also with mine, it was after it had not been touched or started for a period of two weeks or more and they said water had got into the wiring. Don't know if this is any help but good luck.

#3 kaz

kaz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Karen
  • Ford Model: c max
  • Year: 2004

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hi
The symptoms sound exactly like my own experience with a c-max last year - flashing lights etc.

Diagnosed by the AA as the alternator (charges the battery)

If yours is an automatic you may also want to check out the forum on www.honestjohn.co.uk regarding C-Max premature transmission/gearbox failures as the alternator was the just the start of a nightmare when it came to my own c-max!!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users