Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quickclear. Why Only Ford

volts

Just a minor observation

The Quickclear is possibly the best feature on a car paticulary in the winter. A feature that is useful why have no other car manufacture adopted this???

They adopt everything else

Your views

Ford nicked the idea from Mercedes back in the 60's. I used to own a 1966 Ford Corsair 2000E in 1979, and even that had a heated screen. Mercedes were the only others that were using them as far as I know.

ford has a pattern on the system from years ago, which is why you only find it on fords or ford related makes if and when ford owned them, like jags and aston, or manufacturers who have it on license from ford

thats why BMW, VW,Audie etc dont have it

Heated screens are available on othe makers cars just not the same as Fords version which fail after a few years due to the fine wires, others have more robust elements at the bottom of the screen

Never used mine. The car is always garaged when the cold weather hits.

Heated screens are available on othe makers cars just not the same as Fords version which fail after a few years due to the fine wires, others have more robust elements at the bottom of the screen

Any examples of this. What do other manufactures call there "robust version" Can't say ive seen it mentioned

Any examples of this. What do other manufactures call there "robust version" Can't say ive seen it mentioned

I've seen a few commercial vehicles with something like what has been described. They work OK but aren't anything like as efficient as the Ford system.

BTW, I've had heated screens on four of my Fords and on my Jag and only on one Mondeo (that had done 108K miles) did I have any more than 2-3 elements fail.

I have to say, the QC is one thing I miss from my Focus, I used to love just deicing the rest of the car, and leave the QC on, a few minutes later, it was completely clear! (even after I deliberately left some snow on there! lol.)

Shame that there arent too many other methods though.

I have had it on my last 4 fords and its brilliant and could not imagine switching manufacturers that don't have it.

The quickclear screen is great... I think i've owned ten fords down the years that have this great feature

However... Only the PASSENGER side on my current focus works! :wacko:

So at least the missus can see where we're going! :D

The quickclear screen is great... I think i've owned ten fords down the years that have this great feature

However... Only the PASSENGER side on my current focus works! :wacko:

So at least the missus can see where we're going! :D

You've got the dreaded damaged connection.

The wiper mechanism apparently catches it and knacks it.

I believe there's plenty of info on the site about finding and fixing.

You've got the dreaded damaged connection.

The wiper mechanism apparently catches it and knacks it.

I believe there's plenty of info on the site about finding and fixing.

Cheers Clive! I'll have a nosey about the site and see what i can find.... ;)

Yeah, if you take the wipers off, put the bonnet up, remove the plastic trim at the bottom of the windscreen, and then look at the wired connections on the bottom of the screen, you should be able to solder the two back together. if you have a connection on the connector tab, then you can just strengthen the connection.

Many thanks! I'll have a nosey when the temps get back up a bit and i can feel the ends of my fingers again... (having said that, i won't need the quickclear then) DOH! :blink:

It is a great feature but I wouldn't call it 'Quickclear' on the Fiesta's, more like 'GiveMe10MinutesClear'.

Mondeo, Focus = quick

Fiesta = not so quick

Just something i've noticed and many