Do Not Sell My Personal Information

W-Reg 2000 Focus 1.6 Zetec Fuel Tank Capacity?

alex801

hi everyone,

new here so go easy on me please. recently bught a ford focus and the car seems realy good, low milage, everything works as it should.

got 1 possible problem with the car which is..... it seems to idle quite rough at say 600 revs. and the car feels a bit rattly at that. any ideas?

also if anyone noes what the standard fuel tank capacity of my car is that would be great?

IIRC 55litre tanks on these

Rattly noise and bad idle: what kind of rattly noise? is it only on ide? when was it last serviced? have you checked the oil?

Cheers

Dave

IIRC 55litre tanks on these

Rattly noise and bad idle: what kind of rattly noise? is it only on ide? when was it last serviced? have you checked the oil?

Cheers

Dave

sorry i should of been more specific, the rattly noise....... what ment is when the cars running at idle arournd 600 rpm its more of a vibration. sure youl no what i mean. as soon as you touch the accelerator to raise revs to 800-900 the vibration is gone. engines running sweet. oils good,

and the car had a full service including timing belt, oil, coolent, all filters, injectors, break pipes, disks and pads in July 2011 when the car had 65,000 on the clock, now its got 73,000

Ok, this is very similar to my mondeo issues at the moment. I pressure it still drives nice and smooth, in which case I would say Maf sensor needs cleaning and/or the ICV needs cleaning/replacement

I have exactly the same issue currently in my 03 Focus Zetec SE. I've done a bit of reading and it seems to be fairly common and the above post is the general consensus.

Clean the MAF sensor if you have one (not sure if my model does from what I read and too cold to check) and also the ICV. Some said also cleaning the throttle body wouldn't hurt either.

yes the car drives very well. pulls great through all the gears just the low idleing rpm.

could anyone tell me were is the MAF sensor located on my car

guessing that MAF stands for mass air flow? and ICV being idle control valve?

a freind mentioned that may be the problem

Thanks for replys

I think the capacity of the fuel tank is 60 litres. I have put just over 58 litres in mine when it was very low on fuel. It normally costs me just over £70.00 to brim it at todays (petrol) prices :(

yea i was thinking around about that, the car was my step dads before it was mine. he said the bottom half of the tank seems smaller than the top. i ran the tank from full till bang on half way, cost about £35 to fill back to the top. about 25 litres im i remember rightly. so id guess its a 50 litre tank. just with him saying the bottom halfs saller i was wondering if it could be a 40/45litre tank

Nope... Officially it's a 55 ltr tank. That's what my owners manual says anyway.

Don't think they changed the fuel tank size between 2000 and 2003.

It's 55 litres but that does not include the filler neck.