Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Sony 6Cd Changer Compatibility Issues In 2010 Focus

Lenny

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help me with this one,

i originally had a ford 6000cd stereo in my focus as fitted on the production line, with bluetooth and voice control and the aux socket in the glove box.

i then sold the 6000cd stereo on eBay.

Now i purchased a ford Sony 6cd changer unit that came from a 57 plate mondeo. The mondeo didn’t have bluetooth fitted and that was the seller’s reason for changing to an aftermarket stereo.

So I fitted the Sony stereo to the 2010 focus. The sound is fantastic and being able to rotate through the cds within the unit is a novelty I’m very happy with it and its appearance.

But I’m having a few problems.

Problem number 01:

The bluetooth lets me pair my phone to the stereo,

But when I make a call or receive a call, no sound comes from the Speakers regarding the phone call.

Problem Number 02:

When i plug my mp3 player in to the Aux port in the glove box and press AUX on the Sony stereo, the stereo displays AUX but again no sound is heard from the Speakers,

Problem Number 03:

When i press Voice on the steering control stalk, Voice displays for 2 seconds on the screen of the stereo, and then it disappears again. There is no beep to prompt me to speak a command or anything, it just flashes voice and returns to what it was doing before I pressed the button.

Is there any secret menus I can access on the stereo to activate these options, or do ford need to do something for me to be able to operate like i used to only with the Sony instead of the 6000cd,

I’m worried that ford Ireland will just give me the run around and be of no assistance on this one, or anything computer related like the footwell lights they don’t seem to know anything about them,

if anyone has any advise please comment and it will be much appreciated. im sure im not the first person on here to upgrade to the sony model, so if anyone has upgraded and not experienced any of the above issues please let me know too.

Image1510.jpg

Mondeo units are not meant for the Focus (the software is different, the sound equalization ...). On top, your Mondeo unit is too old - that generation was never meant to work with the generation of bluetooth (voice control ...) unit you have in your Focus (which is ~ 3 years younger than the Mondeo the Sony radio came from).

So the best course of action would be to get a newer Sony unit (2008 or younger), and while you're at it, get one meant for a Focus. This would also give you the option to upgrade the bluetooth unit to one with USB input to connect an Ipod or thumb drive.

Mondeo units are not meant for the Focus (the software is different, the sound equalization ...). On top, your Mondeo unit is too old - that generation was never meant to work with the generation of bluetooth (voice control ...) unit you have in your Focus (which is ~ 3 years younger than the Mondeo the Sony radio came from).

So the best course of action would be to get a newer Sony unit (2008 or younger), and while you're at it, get one meant for a Focus. This would also give you the option to upgrade the bluetooth unit to one with USB input to connect an Ipod or thumb drive.

Thanks mate,

so its back to the drawing board for me then :(

Thanks for this advice as i nearly bought a 2008 fiesta Sony head unit by the looks of things I need the focus one.

Lenny you could ask Ford to Flash new software on it , internals would not have changed that much if any over that time period.I'm guessing it does not have the USB cable on the back or does it? Maybe if it has the socket then get a USB cable and see if it works , if it does you could run the bluetooth update on it then yourself.

Thanks for this advice as i nearly bought a 2008 fiesta Sony head unit by the looks of things I need the focus one.

:o I feel you pain buddy ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club