Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Do I Stand?

Johnno1212

Bought a second hand 2010 Titanium from a Ford main dealer three weeks ago, and I've since noticed that some things are not on it which are supposed to be on a Titanium as standard, i.e. :- 1 - Front upper chrome strip, and 2 - Alloy pedals.

Does anyone know where I stand on getting these items fitted?

I love the car, it's the first small car I've ever had and I think it's the dog's doodahs, but the chrome strip would realy finish it off.

If it should be standard fit and the dealer sold it as a titanium model. Ask them to fit the parts. Although I don't understand why they would have been removed?

Spec changes constantly.

Im sure you seen the car before you bought it, in which case, stop being so silly.

the upper chrome strip and alloy pedals are not standard on the 2010 model year titanium. those items became standard from june 2011.

but even if they were standard on your modelyear vehicle, the law would unfortunately not help you here: normally the goods sold as a "titanium" would include the required specification as a titanium however there is an exception where the goods can be inspected before purchase which means you accepted the car.

As I believe I think it's the 2011 model that it comes standard on which is really the only thing they have changed from 2010-2011 the sales rep was telling me at the time I visited

As I believe I think it's the 2011 model that it comes standard on which is really the only thing they have changed from 2010-2011 the sales rep was telling me at the time I visited

and the fact the TDCI engine went all "econetic" meaning 14" wheels as standard :lol: all for a saving of £20 a year in road tax (altho you did get a rear interior light in the 5 door models, and carpeted rear seat backs to make those wheels a bit less painful)

Spec changes constantly.

Im sure you seen the car before you bought it, in which case, stop being so silly.

Come on, have you never bought a car and noticed something days, even weeks after, that you hadn't noticed before? Anyway, I've got my answer now, thank you everyone..

Come on, have you never bought a car and noticed something days, even weeks after, that you hadn't noticed before? Anyway, I've got my answer now, thank you everyone..

no problem! it might still be worth trying to get the dealer to fit them though, you never know! dont listen to dL either, its a fair enough question, nothing "silly" about it.

You can get the chrome upper grille pieces on eBay for about £20. They just stick on.

The other posters are quite correct that as you viewed the car before buying you had to opportunity to check the exact spec out yourself. The only time you would have a case against the dealer would be if you specifically asked about an item which they said it would/does have but in fact doesn't.

I didn't think the titanium has ever had alloy pedals? My late 2011 car doesn't.

never seen alloy pedals on a titanium, when i was 15 i went in to ford a noticed all the special edition freedoms had zetec badges, the sales rep was reallly impressed with my vast knowlage of there cars and said he would offer me a job if he could lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club