Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Outside Plastics

fordieashx

I was wondering if anybody could help or has the same problems with their black plastics.

Its really starting to "grind my gears" with these stupid black plastics going white! I've tried Autoglyms Bumper Care (as it came in a lovely pink valet case i got :D ), some black trim turtle wax stuff and polish etc. I'd rather have a product that lasts other than fading within a day or two and not having to spend money on a product that im only going to use once.

Anyone got any good advice? or stuff that actually works.

Here's some pictures of the trim at its worst :unsure:

photo-1.jpg

sorry minus the muck :P

photo-4.jpg

photo-6.jpg

Sorry I can't remember personally but I defo know there is a great method for it using some kind of tree oil or something!

Dan the moderator mentioned it a few times! Try dropping him a pm :)

buy some smooth peanut butter and wax in to the plastics, brings them up like new mate.you may think that im the nutty one lol but try it mate, you will be surprised at the long lasting results.

Peanut butter on youtube:

Or if your feeling adventurous search youtube for 'Restore plastic trim with heat'. Be at your own risk though!!

Thanks guys

I never would have thought of using peanut butter :huh: im not going to get animals running after my car trying to eat the cars plastics am i..? haha but i take it i can use it on the grayer trim on the front and back bumper too?

As for restoring the trim with a heat gun.. wow it turns out well but i'd be to scared to do it! :lol:

After the FOC visit to Meguiars HQ last week, they said to never use a heat gun on plastics. Always use the above methods, or if they sound a tad strange, Dodo Juice's Tyromania is a great plastic's cleaner. It removed the white colour off my plastic, and it's not come back since i use it about 6 months ago.

After the FOC visit to Meguiars HQ last week, they said to never use a heat gun on plastics. Always use the above methods, or if they sound a tad strange, Dodo Juice's Tyromania is a great plastic's cleaner. It removed the white colour off my plastic, and it's not come back since i use it about 6 months ago.

well 6 months is definitely better than a couple of days! and im running out of tyre dressing too so two in ones not bad :lol: i take it you can use it on the softer plastics around the windows too then?

Well it's really desgined for tyre's (hence the name) so it should work wonders on rubber! You can buy a little 30ml "tester" pot for around £6. It's not cheap, but i've not found anything better. It also protects, because it's a wax and not some cheap silicone dressing.

well i shall have to take a trip to our autoparts shop up here and get some! price isn't so bad once the discount comes off :D

Thanks for the tips guys!

I was desperate to say PB too! But I didn't wanna sound silly lol so I said 'tree oil' :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club