Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Confusing Service Schedule Requirements

Truly55

My wife's 2009 (MK7) 1.4 petrol / manual Fiesta is due its 3rd service (3 years) shortly. The local Ford dealer says it's a Major as the service schedule is minor / minor / major. Is this correct as it appears to contradict what's in the service book?

Cheers for any advice.

Peter

IIRC this is right mate (major) as mine is due the same in june.....

One thing i would look at , is , if your warranty ends around the service mark time , then i would look at the mileage and then make that decision myself if it needed to be a Major service or not , if your only doing say 6000 miles a year and you then are out of warranty , then your could do another intrim service before a Major if your milage is well below the expected mileage and as long as far as mileage your keeping to Major componets thats what i would follow.

I would keep to them IF that requirement meant i was keeping up with my warranty.

For instance my car hit 12.500 miles before the the first year so it was serviced at that time.

I purchased the car and at the 12 month period of the first service i had it serviced , so in November i will need a Major service , but i will still have 4 Months left on the warranty so i will have to have that done :(

One thing i would look at , is , if your warranty ends around the service mark time , then i would look at the mileage and then make that decision myself if it needed to be a Major service or not , if your only doing say 6000 miles a year and you then are out of warranty , then your could do another intrim service before a Major if your milage is well below the expected mileage and as long as far as mileage your keeping to Major componets thats what i would follow.

I would keep to them IF that requirement meant i was keeping up with my warranty.

For instance my car hit 12.500 miles before the the first year so it was serviced at that time.

I purchased the car and at the 12 month period of the first service i had it serviced , so in November i will need a Major service , but i will still have 4 Months left on the warranty so i will have to have that done :(

Car has only covered a little over 15,000 miles in 3 years so I hear what you are saying but if the dealer says it's a Major (and we go for a Minor) and a warranty item is flagged up would the dealer cover it given we have potentially not followed the manufacturers recommendations? It's strange the service manual says the service frequency is minor / major etc but the dealer says it`'s minor / minor / major?

Car has only covered a little over 15,000 miles in 3 years so I hear what you are saying but if the dealer says it's a Major (and we go for a Minor) and a warranty item is flagged up would the dealer cover it given we have potentially not followed the manufacturers recommendations?

Depends what it is. If it isn't something touched at the service then they can't refuse it. e.g. if the bluetooth module packs up that isn't related to servicing.

Car has only covered a little over 15,000 miles in 3 years so I hear what you are saying but if the dealer says it's a Major (and we go for a Minor) and a warranty item is flagged up would the dealer cover it given we have potentially not followed the manufacturers recommendations? It's strange the service manual says the service frequency is minor / major etc but the dealer says it`'s minor / minor / major?

If your warranty is due to expire , then why would you want to follow a 36,000 mile service at 15,000 , you could put that off for a later date.

If your still in warranty then i would follow what it says

Enter your reg on fordetis , and see if that gives you any information

Just remember if you don't follow the recommended schedule you might affect the cars resale value.

If you want to save money why not take it to an independent?

Major service then sell it and get a new one if you're looking at keeping any resale value.

I have the same issue, car had last two service's at ford main dealer, car now 3 years old 20th Dec service due Jan 2012 called dealer major service due £354 Bit steep only done 12k asked about warranty rattle in back panel,noise from dash sorry sir not covered car over three years old, so took it down road to independant full service, wash and leather £194 and service book stamped. Teach these main dealers a lesson?

I should have said All ford parts fitted.

The dealer is right. Minor , minor tyen major.

There is not much more to be done at the major service. Parts are as follows.

odour and oil filter as per minor

spark plugs, air filter is additional for a major. Also brake fluid if not done at the 2 year point.

Ford cars are mileage or annual servicing whichever come first.

Also best to get MOT done by the dealer. If they find any faults they will replace under waranty.

Thereafter go independent or do it yourself.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club