Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Pressure?

wollie

hey i have a ford sapphire ghia 1992 moddel. I live in south africa. It has the 3.0 v6 upgraded motor. The difrence as far as i know is the v is at a different angle what angle i dont know exactly would also like that question answered. It had fuel injection but gave problems so was converted back too carb thats why i know the v is at a different angle wasnt easy finding a manifold that fit. It also has hydraulic valve lifters. I would just like too know what the oil pressure should be on these motors. The reason im asking is i have a knocking sound but only from 2000 rpm up until 4000 but once leveled off the sound is gone. I changed the timing gears in front hoping it was them but it wasnt. I have already done 6000 km whith the car since i bought it so i cant see that it can be a main bearing as it would have ceased by now if it was. I've taken the oil preasure and is 350 kpa at idling when cold but when i rev it up to 2000 rpm it drops to 340 kpa and whith a warm engine it drops to 80 kpa at idling and 160 at 2000 rpm. So please any help. But i think its gona end up striping the motor. Hope someone can help me.

• 1 year later...

The "Essex" engine was a 60 degree V6, it was used in the Capri 3.0L (on carbs) looks like this is the engine in your car (but with fuel injection)

There was another V6 engine used in Fords, called the "Cologne" it was 60 degree as well, it was used in the Capri 2.8i and Granada 2.9 and the Sierra xr 4x4 (all fuel injected) - the engines were named after where they were made - its a bit before my time, though

the 2 engines are totally different