Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Free Modifications - Factory Mods

DaveRushton

Hi Guys, just wondering how many "Free" upgrades you can do yourself, which ford would like to charge you for....

For example, Changing the door locking to only unlock the drivers door,

I have also heard about being able to get a tyre pressure alert when they are low.

Anyone know of anymore?

Thanks

Not free but cheap are reversing sensors (although the latest one already had them), Stainless Steel kick plates, Zetec S Grill, footwell lighting.

Lenny's got loads more ideas, most of which Ford wouldn't offer anyway, but do add a touch of indivdualism to your car.

It doesnt look like the later Fords allow you to programme much stuff yourself. The older Fords had auto locking doors (Anti Hijack).

Hi Guys, just wondering how many "Free" upgrades you can do yourself, which ford would like to charge you for....

I have also heard about being able to get a tyre pressure alert when they are low.

Anyone know of anymore?

Thanks

hi mate,

12v boot socket,

additional boot light,

ambient lighting,

footwell lighting,

front DRL's

Front Fogs,

rear badge light,

additional boot light,

additional reverse light,

titanium grill change,

zetec s body kit,

st rear spoiler,

custom climate control knobs,

bluetooth install

sony 6cd changer,

engine push star button,

ST pod

also see my guides below mate,

Anyone know of anymore?

Thanks

Hi Dave

Alot of the free tweeks , most were removed via ford from the ECU , because Ford were aware that having all the them in there allowed people to have fun and they were not making any money from it.

I have read that the Auto door locking at 5mph was one of those tweeks removed , that the owner used to be able to program , but now its been removed from the ecu.

But yes there are loads of really good Mods you can do to your car to make it more individual to you for little expense.