Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should I Demand Or Just Be Happy? (Advice Please)

Envyus

Hey fellas just after some advice please :).

Purchased myself a Focus 58 Mk2 Vision blue from my Ford dealer (ex mobility car)

Noticed that some of the paint was flaking off and I believe it was down to it not having mud flaps fitted.

The car went up to the body shop and the flaky paint now looks fine which I am happy about.

I previously noticed a stone chip on the bonet that goes down to the metal and is quite apparent to the naked eye being on the bonet.

There is also a smallish dent on the front drivers side wing that they could I am guessing have popped out also at the body shop?

I pointed it out and was told "don't worry everything will be sorted before you take it away"

The sales guy was not in today but I decided to go and see how they were getting on with the car.

It is back from the bodyshop but the stone chip remains so I am assuming they are just going to touch stick it in.

Should I accept that or should I kick up a fuss and demand it is done properly in the bodyshop as I am paying a good ammount of cash for this car?

What would you do in this situation? Should I just let them chip stick it and be happy or make them do it properly?

I dont want to look like a pain in the !Removed! but should I expect such things when buying a used car from them?

Thanks for any advice as I am stuck at the moment :).

Hey fellas just after some advice please :).

Purchased myself a Focus 58 Mk2 Vision blue from my Ford dealer (ex mobility car)

Noticed that some of the paint was flaking off and I believe it was down to it not having mud flaps fitted.

The car went up to the body shop and the flaky paint now looks fine which I am happy about.

I previously noticed a stone chip on the bonet that goes down to the metal and is quite apparent to the naked eye being on the bonet.

There is also a smallish dent on the front drivers side wing that they could I am guessing have popped out also at the body shop?

I pointed it out and was told "don't worry everything will be sorted before you take it away"

The sales guy was not in today but I decided to go and see how they were getting on with the car.

It is back from the bodyshop but the stone chip remains so I am assuming they are just going to touch stick it in.

Should I accept that or should I kick up a fuss and demand it is done properly in the bodyshop as I am paying a good ammount of cash for this car?

What would you do in this situation? Should I just let them chip stick it and be happy or make them do it properly?

I dont want to look like a pain in the !Removed! but should I expect such things when buying a used car from them?

Thanks for any advice as I am stuck at the moment :).

Hi mate,

in my opinion i would get it fixed at my own expence,

because then you are paying an independant person to do that job for you, so you can then rest assured that the job is being done properely and not a quick fix that will show its face the day the warrenty expires,

i had the same trouble with my car at 3months old, it began to rust on the inside of the boot panel..

i reported it to ford but wouldnt let them fix it because i wanted a proper job done rather than a quck skim over the rust, to keep me quiet,

thats my opinion mate, but each to their own, i just have little faith in jobs done under warrenty's on anything not just ford.

But then should I have to pay out of my money to get the bonet resprayed because of them? :S

Tough one.

Just got off the phone with the dealership and told him I want it sorted and sorted properly so he has said that monday the car will go back to the bodyshop and the bonet will be fully resprayed and the small dent in the wing will be pushed back out.

All in all sorted! :).

Just got off the phone with the dealership and told him I want it sorted and sorted properly so he has said that monday the car will go back to the bodyshop and the bonet will be fully resprayed and the small dent in the wing will be pushed back out.

All in all sorted! :).

ow ford are sending it to a external body shop?

thats as good as getting it done yourself mate its in safe hands.

ow ford are sending it to a external body shop?

thats as good as getting it done yourself mate its in safe hands.

Yeah the Ford body repair center is literally 2 miles from the dealership so should all be dandy :D.

I just want it all sorted so I can start with the mods :P.

Good result mate... You were quite right to follow it up, dealers are pretty good at flanneling customers off to shut them up... Rest assured, if it had been a lease car and you returned it in that condition, they WOULD have billed you for it... Swings and roundabouts mate, they shouldn't have even had the car on the forecourt in that state really. Your'e quite within your rights to ask for a written guarantee on the work too... JUST in case any of the repairs start bubbling/reacting in the future. ^_^

I had same problem with one of my cars. Bought the car which was 2 years old from main dealers. Looked at car which had few scratches and a dent on wing. The dealers said they would sort it out if i bought the car, so i did. When i went to collect the car suprise suprise the scratches and dent were still there!! I went back following day left the car all day after they said they will get it sorted, when i went back for it it had been cleaned but damage was still there! Eventually got it sorted after speaking to the manager and telling him that there quick enough to sell you the car and take your money but they wont fix what they promised they would. My advice is be firm with them

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club