Do Not Sell My Personal Information

* Fiesta Mk7 Petrol Flap Issue

BHeart

Hi

The petrol flap on my Mk 7 Fiesta is becoming increasingly difficult to open when I want to fuel up. I need to continually press it up to ten or more times until is eventually opens and there will come a day when it won't open at all.

I know that this has been brought up before but is there any advice or fix from Ford to resolve this issue?

bheart

i HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MINE 61 PLATE FIESTA ZETEC. i TOOK IT BACK TO THE DEALER 6 WEEKS AGO , ALL THEY DONE WAS TO PUT GREASE AROUND THE RUBBER SEAL NO PROBLEMS SINCE ,

It's a known fault, had the same problem with mine. If you take it back to Ford their fix is to cut one of the plastic clips off

fillercap.jpg

May as well do it yourself :)

I've noticed in the cold I would press it in and it would just stick..... I'd have to push the flap a bit harder and it would pop open! Will see how it goes :)

• 7 years later...

Had the same issue today on a 1.4 titanium 2009 fiesta , a couple of firm taps with a screwdriver released it, lubrication will now follow, I'm suspecting they just get a bit stuck in cold damp weather , id suggest if Ford Franchises are charging £38 to fix then it must take then about 2 mins labour time !!!