Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.25 Vs 1.4 Engine

thewinelake

Looking to buy a new Ford Fiesta. Had been considering the econetic diesel, but now slightly wondering if it would be a false investment. So that leaves the 1.25 and 1.4 engines. Are there any good reasons to choose one over the other. There would be a fair amount of driving, mostly suburban, but maybe the odd long journey. Interested in feeling to drive, economy, insurance, any other cost implications.

The 82ps 1.25 is a more developed engine, it seems to get good reviews, possibly a little underpowered when fully laden. The only possible downside is you can't get this engine in a titanium spec. 1.4 is the smallest engine for the titanium. I've put this link in your other thread, but incase you missed it:

http://www.carpages.co.uk/guide/ford/ford-fiesta-guide.asp

I think you'll find it helpful

I used to have a 1.25 Fiesta (Zetec, with the 82ps) and it's plenty. I test drove both the 1.4 and 1.25 and couldn't see any obvious advantage in spending extra to have the 1.4, in the real world it didn't seem much quicker. If you regularly have to take 5 passengers then it may be a bit weedy, but the 1.25 is good on the motorway, can keep up with the traffic and is okay for overtaking.

I averaged about 35-37 mpg in it, but I'm not much of an 'eco' driver so I'm sure more is possible.

Hi

Having driven all three tastes (1.25 60ps 1.25 82ps and 1.4 95)

It all depends on what you will be using it for.

Town driving only = 1.25 60ps 1-2 passengers

Town and infrequent motorway 1.25 82ps 3 passengers

Lots of motorway miles but not mega miles 1.4 95 full car

This is from experiance

Jamie

The reviews I've read say that the 1.25 is the best engine in the range.

i have the 1.4 titanium and i think its ok on fuel £50 only usly gets me 300 miles maybe a little more i do drive it quite hard some times never drove the 1.25 but in my 1.4 after 3k its quite revvy and got alot of poke up hills.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club