Do Not Sell My Personal Information

City To Street Alloys

gazbo

I'm looking to change my wheels from 16" 5 spoke, to the street pack style 17"s on my new plate 1.6 tdci fiesta.

This is my first attempt at changing wheels. Would I need to do anything with the speedo?

Also, does anyone have any 17's street style wheels to sell or does anyone know where i could possibly get some at a reasonable price?

Any help or advise would be great.

cheers folks

The speedo will be fine, it'll probably under-read a couple of MPH but won't really make a difference. The lower profile tyres on the 17's mostly cancel out any difference between the two wheel sizes.

It's the overall diameter of the wheel and tyre that matters. You want to keep this as near the same as possible so that your speedo reads accurately and so that you don't adversely affect your gearing.

If you do a Google for tyre size calculators you will find that there are plenty of websites that will let you enter your current tyre size and your proposed tyre size so that you can get as close a match as possible.

cheers guys.

would it be worth popping into a ford dealers and asking for pricing etc?

There is also something you're supposed to fit to the steering rack when you have 17" wheels - believe's it limits how far you can turn the wheels so they don't hit the arches? Sure someone else can clarify.

From a dealer you're look at £600+ just for the wheels.

Don't buy the wheels or tyres from Ford, you can get them much cheaper elsewhere.

Back in October just after an annual service I replaced a wheel & all 4 tyres.

The cheapest I found for the wheels was Ford Online Parts, link here:

http://www.fordonlin...343_F1678343-64

When I got mine it was just £144 inc VAT & delivery, now their price shows £150 inc VAT per wheel + delivery, but I am pretty damn sure this will be cheaper than a Ford dealer.

The cheapest I found for tyres including fitting at a local centre was at Tyre Shopper, link here:

http://www.tyre-shop...de=2054017BR1VX

These are the original Bridgestone tyres as fitted by Ford from new, but again a lot cheaper than Ford quoted me. You can of course buy cheaper tyres of an equivalent size.

Hope this helps :)

Wouldn't surprise me if Ford charged near £200 per alloy!

I was in the same position as you last week but found a seller on E Bay selling a set of 17" ford fiesta zetec s wheels advertised as in excellent condition, I received them yesterday and they are, The wheels inc delivery were £380 the set. :)

I am looking to buy the tyres now, I am looking at the KHUMO 39s 205/40/17 they had a really good write up on one of the web sites,

I was not aware of the the steering rack mod will have to check this out, I also would like any info from anyone who knows anything about this mod.

I was not aware of the the steering rack mod will have to check this out, I also would like any info from anyone who knows anything about this mod.

Part number is 1573895 (£7.87) Limiter - steering rack

Thanks for that Nathan will go and get this to-morrow, Is it an easy job to fit ?,

Thanks for that Nathan will go and get this to-morrow, Is it an easy job to fit ?,

Can't help you there I'm afraid, never done it! Sure someone that has will be along shortly :)